Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cash Crisis at the Albion!

Nov 3, 2003
Fvcking joke !

DK & MP are in danger of fvcking things up big time if they aint careful,theyre obviously skating on thin ice !

Sounds to me like cos of cost of playing at Withdean & the Falmer stuff theyre running on thin air, all the dosh has gone and theyre desperately trying to get thru to end of season when the season renewals come in, trouble is much more football like we had on saturday and renewals are gonna be well down !?

Also summat i noticed saturday, quite a few empty seats around in the North !!! Theres usually a few green ones visible down in the corner by the away fans but on saturday there were some red ones and a few blue ones up the other end !!!

And summat MP said saturday, the 2000 seats will be in for next season, yep fvcking heard that before, they were supposed to be in for last year (when they would have been filled), problem is now we're gonna finish mid table,people are less likely to renew and we could be playing to crowds of about 5000 next year, so 4000 empty seats every week !!! Obviously theyre hoping they get the yes from Prescott and it wont matter Withdeans half empty cos too late for the anti Falmers to make summat of it
!?

Fvcking mess or what !? Obvious the club are delaying extra seats as they dont need them more importantly they cant afford to put them in market them etc the money has run dry.

So i now ask you what shoud the club be doing? We cant do a Leeds United after all we aint got any players worth selling maybe apart from Leon Knight!

Do the Albion insist on a pay cut from all the players and of the moan and groan play the kids as likes of Robinson cant do much worse and shouldnt be on the overpaid wages others are or do they gamble on a heavy last surge on seaosn ticket renewals say 20%? or review playing at Withdean and ground share at Pompey or Pal@rse or do what shioyld done in first place play at Broadfield stadium Crawley? or invite Archer back in with a small state and his money would come in handy?

the club were quick to point out there is no cash crisis bit like clubs say the managers job is safe thenm few weeks later sack him. CAsh Crisis i think its only just begun!

DICK KNIGHT OUT!

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
wake up mate, all football clubs are skint,you can always buy a season ticket at the palace as they are going down by 10% if you buy now!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I can't f***ing WAIT until Falmer is given the green light and you can f*** OFF forever.

****.:salute:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
FG aka Football Genius. said:
invite Archer back in with a small state and his money would come in handy?

DICK KNIGHT OUT!

Dick Knight out and Archer in. Even by your standards FG, that is a corker. You clearly can't be bothered to make your childish scrawls even vaguely plausible now. Go and have a lie down old son, I'm getting worried about your brain.

Nov 3, 2003
if the club are desperate for cash then why not invite anyone in and so long as they dont have a controlling majority stake does it matter?

Nov 3, 2003
Blackwell got crocked and then we gave him a contract !!! He cant be on peanuts can he !!?? He's ex premier !!!
A grand a week would be nothing to him hes probably on 3 or 4 times that !? Well a grand a week is 52 a year that'd almost pay for 2 games at Withdean !!!???

Also David Lee (1 sub appearance) and Geoff Pitcher must be on decent money !!?? Say theyre only on 750 quid a week minimum (they must be on more than that !?) thats 1500 a week = 78 grand a year = 2 1/2 games at Withdean ?

Then weve got Marney, Hammond and Virgo (4 sub appearances between em !), if theyre on only 500 quid a week (and they must be on more) then thats another 1500 a week, another 78 grand a year !!!

Fvcking hell, if we dumped those 6, none of whom have started 1 league game this season and have 5 sub appearances between em in total (!!!) so we definitely wouldnt miss em (!!!) then wed save a minimum of about 200 grand a year !!!

DK & MP going on about the high cost of playing at Withdean, 30 grand a game etc, well what about the high cost of employing people who never do anyfvcking work !!!???

Dump 6 players who never fvcking play (!!!) and youd pay for 7 games at Withdean thats almost a third of the league season !!!!!!

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
How, exactly, do you "dump" people who have a contract?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I can't f***ing WAIT until Falmer is given the green light and you can f*** OFF forever.

****.:salute:

Profound, very profound, and so true.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
if the club are desperate for cash then why not invite anyone in and so long as they dont have a controlling majority stake does it matter?

Of course it matters when it comes to Archer you total moron.
All genuine fans would be appalled if that man came anywhere near us again.
And besides he's even less interested in us than he was before. He only ever saw us as a nice little earner - he is so tight can you see him parting with one penny of his fortune?

As the previous post said - Knight Out and Archer In ? - even by your standards thats a corker!

And as for dumping all those players - how much money do you think we have? (the whole point of this thread) Are those players going to walk away, of course not, we'd have to pay up their contracts. By loaning them out to other clubs at least we get some money back and as for Blackwell do you think he asked to get injured?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I would imagine that Blackwell's wages would be covered partly by some sort of insurance.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Yorkie said:
I would imagine that Blackwell's wages would be covered partly by some sort of insurance.

I think it unlikely. I seem to recall that he hadn't actually signed the contract before he got crocked. The club did the honourable thing and honoured the offer even though couldn't play.
I don't know much about insurance but would an insurance company insure someone already injured before the contract became live?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
I wouldn't have thought so at all, unfortunately.

Perhaps I'm being naive but I thought all players and clubs took out some sort of insurance against long term injury.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:
Perhaps I'm being naive but I thought all players and clubs took out some sort of insurance against long term injury.

I think that's more career-ending injuries - Blackwell's is very much part and parcel of the game.

If insurance is available, I'd imagine it would be very expensive - probably to the point where smaller clubs would take a gamble and not take it out.

gulldenboy

Aug 16, 2003
Blackwell got crocked and then we gave him a contract !!! He cant be on peanuts can he !!?? He's ex premier !!!
A grand a week would be nothing to him hes probably on 3 or 4 times that !? Well a grand a week is 52 a year that'd almost pay for 2 games at Withdean !!!???

Also David Lee (1 sub appearance) and Geoff Pitcher must be on decent money !!?? Say theyre only on 750 quid a week minimum (they must be on more than that !?) thats 1500 a week = 78 grand a year = 2 1/2 games at Withdean ?

Then weve got Marney, Hammond and Virgo (4 sub appearances between em !), if theyre on only 500 quid a week (and they must be on more) then thats another 1500 a week, another 78 grand a year !!!

Fvcking hell, if we dumped those 6, none of whom have started 1 league game this season and have 5 sub appearances between em in total (!!!) so we definitely wouldnt miss em (!!!) then wed save a minimum of about 200 grand a year !!!

DK & MP going on about the high cost of playing at Withdean, 30 grand a game etc, well what about the high cost of employing people who never do anyfvcking work !!!???

Dump 6 players who never fvcking play (!!!) and youd pay for 7 games at Withdean thats almost a third of the league season !!!!!!

gulldenboy

Aug 16, 2003
Dear FG fka Football genius

I dont know what planet you are from but the likes of Hammond Marney and Virgo are on nowhere near that sort of money AND i AM NOT GUESSING like you I know. All the figures you quote are wrong this club pays shit money which is why we cant get anyone new to come and play except teenagers on loan who are on shit money also.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ok, enough of the FG bashing. He makes a point about cash crisis, and I think it is a valid point worth discussing.

We have heard that there was money in the kitty once Coppell left to be made available to McGhee, and we also know that we got compensation from Reading for Coppell. We would appear to have some money, so where are the new faces?

And on the point about the extra seats, I'm a veteran of fans forums, and Perry has talked like the extra seats would have already been in place long by now.

The club is trying to keep the fans sweet, but clearly the fans aren't being given the full picture by Knight and Perry. To my mind there is NO MORE CASH for players this season as it is all going on the Falmer bid.

Pretty soon the club need to decide about the season ticket prices for next season, and it could well come down to raise prices by 10-15% or sell Leon and put them up by 0-5%. Tough call...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here