Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carragher & Arbelola

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's a prick.

And there is NOTHING 'professional' about squaring up to a team-mate, on the pitch. 'Childish', yes. 'Embarrassing', possibly. 'Professional', absolutely not.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Carragher is a complete ****. Totally childish behaviour throwing his toys out the pram over the England selection.

He's not in the same league as Terry or Rio (or even Woodgate & King in my opinion), so he's never going to get a starting spot for England. Suck it up and be a professional.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Son was working in Liverpool and it is rumoured there that Carraghers family run the town like the mafia so much so that they put the frighteners on Steven Gerrards family when he was going to Chelsea. Perhaps Jamie Carragher is just a thug by nature, who happens to be a reasonably good footballer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Son was working in Liverpool and it is rumoured there that Carraghers family run the town like the mafia so much so that they put the frighteners on Steven Gerrards family when he was going to Chelsea.

What a load of gubbins. As if Gerrard and Carragher would still be close team-mates if Gerrards family had been threatened by Carraghers.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
What a load of gubbins. As if Gerrard and Carragher would still be close team-mates if Gerrards family had been threatened by Carraghers.

I’m in Liverpool quite a bit with work and the taxi drivers are the worst bullshitters in the world bar none. Everyone of them knows someone’s gran’s, uncles, Dog walker who know something about someone who plays for Liverpool. When Gerrard was off to Chelsea the word (in Taxi land naturally) was that ‘It’s because his missus is a smack head and he wants to get her away from all this’ This conveniently ignored the fact that Chelsea is in London where it is next to impossible not to be offered drugs let alone ‘get away from it all’

Last time I was there my taxi man swore blind that Agger was off to Madrid and he had given him a lift to the airport that day even though he played at Anfield on the same day. I even had one who said that Fowler had done coke in his cab. The whole city loves creating and perpetrating gossip. Never been anywhere else in England like it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Are they?

I know for a fact that Gerrard bought a house at Oxshott when there was talk of his move to Chelsea and then put it back on the market and sold it a month later at a loss.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’m in Liverpool quite a bit with work and the taxi drivers are the worst bullshitters in the world bar none. Everyone of them knows someone’s gran’s, uncles, Dog walker who know something about someone who plays for Liverpool. When Gerrard was off to Chelsea the word (in Taxi land naturally) was that ‘It’s because his missus is a smack head and he wants to get her away from all this’ This conveniently ignored the fact that Chelsea is in London where it is next to impossible not to be offered drugs let alone ‘get away from it all’

Last time I was there my taxi man swore blind that Agger was off to Madrid and he had given him a lift to the airport that day even though he played at Anfield on the same day. I even had one who said that Fowler had done coke in his cab. The whole city loves creating and perpetrating gossip. Never been anywhere else in England like it.

Sounds about right.
If there is a city in Britain more stuffed to the rafters with grief-junky drama queens than Liverpool, then I've yet to hear of it. If a scouser told me what day it is, I'd check a calender.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Carragher is a better player for Liverpool than Brown is for United by far, but he's always struggled in an England shirt. He just doesn't have the same will playing for England as he does for Liverpool.

Totally agree...I can only recall him having 1 good game in an England shirt and that was when Eriksson was in charge...I don't think he ever played for McClaren and that proves that he got one thing right!

An overrated Liverpool player, just like John Barnes!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are they?

I know for a fact that Gerrard bought a house at Oxshott when there was talk of his move to Chelsea and then put it back on the market and sold it a month later at a loss.

And that means.......?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An overrated Liverpool player, just like John Barnes!

Can't agree he was overrated - Barnes was an AMAZING player, just never as good for England. In a Liverpool shirt though, he was one of the most effortlessly elegant players I have ever seen.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I wish Arbelola had decked him, now that would have been funny, scousers eh, you've gotta love em!

:lolol:

[yt]Hhz-SPjrEaQ[/yt]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
gerrard-and-carragher.jpg

"EEEhhh well played Stevie like, borriff you sign for Chelsea, our kids gonna kneecap ya gran, like. Alright ?"

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Despite what anything died-in-the-wool scouse hayers might say to the contrary, Carragher is a great central defender - how I wish he'd suddenly develop an unlikely desire to spend the rest of his playing career at the Albion!
Personally, I like Liverpool (both the club and the city) but if I have one beef with Rafa it's his seeming desire to convert Liverpool into a Spanish (or at least Spanish speaking) club. Thye English speakers have been sidelined and shipped out in numbers - Keane, Finnan, Crouch, Kewell, Fowler, and more. I'm convinced that the only reason Carragher and Gerrard are still at the club is that they are so feckin' good that even Rafa just doesn't DARE to get rid of them!
I know it'll never happen, but seriously, even amongst the most rabid anti-scousers out there, is there anyone who wouldn't love to see Carragher pulling on the Albion no.5 shirt?

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
here is a nice quote from Carra...about a training session...

"Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite. 'You're not f***ing laughing now, are you, you soft ****?' I said as he hobbled away."

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
here is a nice quote from Carra...about a training session...

"Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite. 'You're not f***ing laughing now, are you, you soft ****?' I said as he hobbled away."

Could be Tommy Smith himself, that could!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here