Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole and Westlake released

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leeds are releasing both carole and Westlake could either be of interest to us?

I think that Westlake is beyond our pay structure if the rumours about his wages when he was on loan here previously are to be believed. Carole would provide a cover for McLeod and Cox and even push them for a first team spot, and he is the same type of player as Paul Brooker so who knows.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I would take both if wage structure allows it. Would give us awesome strength in depth both in defence and in midfield.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I would love to have both!

Those 2 + a striker and back up goalie and in my opinion we're there.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I must be in the minority because i would sooner have Carole than Westlake, I think that he is more like what we need.

I agree. I think it has already been shown that we have inadequate replacements should Cox or McCleod be unavailable. Although would be interested to see how Westlake would fare as our creative midfielder.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Westlake -yes please,, Carole If the wages were reasnable,

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I'd imagine that there would be a number of clubs looking at these players. Perhaps we have the upper hand though, because Carole and Westlake have been here before, obviously. I have an awful memory, I was at Leeds last season (both home and away), what reaction did Carole get?

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Westlake was overhyped when here, but then again I don't think we saw the very best in him. For me it would ALL come down to wages, because we're not hugely desperate (or at least I think so). If (huge if) Westlake was willing to be paid middle of the squad wage with performance bonuses, then I would snap him up like a shot. But I don't think we can take the gamble on him, if he wants to be in the elite pay group which I would imagine he'd want.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder where all the hype came from over Westlake when he was here ?

There seems to be a few on this thread that don't particularly think he was the best thing since sliced bread, and I tend to agree. I was always looking for that something special from him but never really saw anything that has me itching to get him back.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I wonder where all the hype came from over Westlake when he was here ?

There seems to be a few on this thread that don't particularly think he was the best thing since sliced bread, and I tend to agree. I was always looking for that something special from him but never really saw anything that has me itching to get him back.

Same, it always felt as though he had a fifth gear that we weren't seeing, and perhaps may not even have been there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here