Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlton Cole

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I'm not one for posting rumours but I've been told by a good friend who has heard from a reliable source within the club that we are on the verge of completing a deal for Carlton Cole from West Ham.

The only thing holding up the deal is the imminent arrival of Andy Carrol on loan from Liverpool, as soon as that deal is completed West Ham will allow Cole to leave.

Take this as you wish, I have no time for the bullshitters and some people who pluck transfer news out the sky, but I genuinely believe this deal will happen.

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted elsewhere.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Would be delighted if true and for me would be the final piece of the jigsaw.

From reports ive heard though Carroll doesn't want to go to West Ham, he's holding out for a move back to Newcastle, so that might scupper the deal.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Of all the names that get mentioned on here, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. Height, strength and presence up front, not prolific, but with our midfield, I'm not sure Gus is too worried about that. I can see someone like Cole being a big help to CMS if he's still here or playing Cole up front on his own if he goes. Either way I'd rather have him than Heskey. I reckon the likes of RSC want too much money.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ian "The Moose" Abrahams dismissed the rumour out of hand a few weeks ago so it must have a chance of being right! :lol:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
About the most realistic striker we've been linked to and we've been linked to him in 10-20 striker threads on here. Maybe this is where your mate got it from? Either way fingers crossed :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Would be delighted if true and for me would be the final piece of the jigsaw.

From reports ive heard though Carroll doesn't want to go to West Ham, he's holding out for a move back to Newcastle, so that might scupper the deal.

Newcastle wont pay what Liverpool want back for him and with their current strike force they don't really need him, they've moved on.

Carroll should go on loan to WHU where their style will suit him to a tee, have a great season and then get himself a move to a bigger club off the back of it.

Anyone know if this alleged Cole deal is a buy or loan?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
He would be perfect. We just need someone who can make the ball stick up front and for Vicente, Buckley, Barnes and others to play off.

If he scored 10 and the rest of our attacking midfielders scored similar we would be laughing.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
About the most realistic striker we've been linked to and we've been linked to him in 10-20 striker threads on here. Maybe this is where your mate got it from? Either way fingers crossed :)

he would fit in well i reckon 12-15 goals ,CMS 12-15 ,vince 10ish, ASH 10 ish

we is cookin'....!!:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here