Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
There is clearly a great prospect in there. Loved that game last season he played as a libero if anyone remembers that. One to watch.
Technically wasn't a Libero, as a Libero is traditionally a sweeper who then moves up into midfield when the team is in possession.

He played in midfield without the ball, then dropped into the backline when we had possession, making him more of a half back.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Chelsea Todd has been in touch, offering £260m and a 15-year contact. Oh, plus Caicedo in exchange :thumbsup:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
Im a big fan of Carlos and hope that he is given a fair crack of the whip to cement his place in the team.
I know Weiffer was a big money signing but so was Carlos last season… For me, Carlos is the more impressive atm.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Woah, I really hope you're right goes Yaya was bloody awesome!
Yaya did have end product in abundance when moved forward at City from his more defensive role at Barcelona, to the point where he was hitting 20 goals in a season at one point. For all Baleba’s brilliance carrying the ball forward we’re yet to see much evidence he can chip in with goals yet.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
His one run into their box was absolutely Toure-esque.
He needs a couple of seasons’ quality experience to learn to read the game and his ceiling (and our potential profit) is very high indeed

PlayMoran

May 19, 2023
I found it strange that he hadn't started a game. Great cameo vs United.

He needs a season of 30 starts to really develop.

He's got the athleticism + physicality that Brighton are maybe lacking when Gilmour/Milner/Groß (now gone) play.

Baleba and Wieffer as a double pivot could be a nice combination.

PlayMoran

May 19, 2023
Beast last night. Best player on the pitch. And he was one of a few willing to give it back to Crawley who were very dirty.

26/31 passes completed
3 key passes
1 big chance created
1 assist
2/2 dribbles completed
12/18 ground duels won
1/1 aerial duels won
6 tackles
3 interceptions
3 fouls
Was fouled - 4 times

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
For me its got the point where he has to start.

And with how we now play you have to be a machine and be able to carry the ball.
I agree and to a degree, I think the manager is still a little unsure, but the stars have aligned for Carlos.

I think he'll play against Arsenal and have the chance to cement that place

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I think he has a very accomplished set of attributes for such a young age too. The only thing I worry about with him if his focus at time, it looks like it is improving but if I am completely honest I don't trust him for example to mark his man on the corner well or always be in the right position.

That said I definitely would start him against arsenal he is looking very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here