Carlisle

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Uncle Buck said:
Best start that thread Mr Dandy.

I am not sure there are any proper pubs in Carlisle. Seem to remember the Rugby Club sold liquid refreshments, until the Oaf fell on the table and sent 15 drinks flying...

:jester:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I'm going to get myself a wheelchair.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Statto said:
I m going on the train. Gonna be an adventure.:D

Wise choice. Probably one of my best every away days when we did that trip a few years back. I'd moved house the previous day so was knackered to begin with but it was worth it - especially when former local hero Aspinall won us the game.

Just make sure you don't knock a can of beer all over your seat when you get on the train back to London after the game. Schoolboy error on my part...

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Uncle Buck said:
Best start that thread Mr Dandy.

I am not sure there are any proper pubs in Carlisle. Seem to remember the Rugby Club sold liquid refreshments, until the Oaf fell on the table and sent 15 drinks flying...

:clap2: :clap2: still laugh whenever that story gets repeated! Wayne and his mates were not happy!

:clap2: :clap2: Jamie the wonder oaf :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Jamie the wonder oaf :clap2: :clap2:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
John Boy said:
What time are you having to leave for that? Will be a long trek!

The 06.24 from brighton gets you to London about half seven then get one to Leeds the on to Carlisle. Im probably going up with John ( who posts on here as robert codners nostorills) but ill be on my own till London.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Bozza said:
Wise choice. Probably one of my best every away days when we did that trip a few years back. I'd moved house the previous day so was knackered to begin with but it was worth it - especially when former local hero Aspinall won us the game.

Just make sure you don't knock a can of beer all over your seat when you get on the train back to London after the game. Schoolboy error on my part...

:lolol:

Ill remember no to do that then!:D

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
John Boy said:
Cool, I'm leaving 5.30

How is it coming back on the train?

I think there is one to leeds at 17.20 I should be ok for that if we dont hang around. The one from leeds gets back to london about quarter past eleven I think. That should be enought time to get the last thameslink train to brighton.:)

*breahtes a sigh of relief*

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the crocs will be spending the friday night in either manchester of leeds, before driving the reaminder of the journey on the saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here