Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Album_cover_marillion_clutching_at_straws.jpg

terrific album !!!:thumbsup:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It's going to be difficult, but after MK Dons our run-in doesn't look THAT daunting. I know we haven't done it so far this season, but we HAVE to start picking up some points soon.... surely!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Yeovil aside, we can't beat anyone. Carlisle can lose every match for the rest of the season and we will still manage to get relegated.

Face it, the players have made a habit of losing for so long now and while I hope I get egg on my face by saying this, this isn't likely to magically change for the rest of this season.

I don't think Carlisle will and I don't know if it's already been mentioned but I think even Jesus would struggle with finding a miracle for our predicament.

I could readily take relegation if it wasn't for the fact we haven't just shot ourselves in the foot but between the eyes.

We are nearly at the Monty Python moment of "That Parrott is Dead".......

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
All season ive been saying it must be time for us to have a little run of 2 or 3 wins on the bounce, everyone else is except us. Now i just cant see it happening, firstly as has been said WE need to win a f***ing game....but its also out of our hands really to a point cos we need at least one team to completely go tits up for us to catch them. Everyone seems to be fighting except us!!!
We really need to win saturday and Northapton to lose to give the players and fans that little bit of belief.....if we end up anymore than 6 points adrift after saturday then its game over.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
We really need to win saturday and Northapton to lose to give the players and fans that little bit of belief.....if we end up anymore than 6 points adrift after saturday then its game over.

I think we could do with Northampton beating Carlisle actually, as they are only a point ahead of them and have played two games more.

First of all though we need to concentrate on ourselves, as IF we win enough games (still possible by my reckoning), we will stay up as other teams will drop points along the way.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I think we could do with Northampton beating Carlisle actually, as they are only a point ahead of them and have played two games more.

First of all though we need to concentrate on ourselves, as IF we win enough games (still possible by my reckoning), we will stay up as other teams will drop points along the way.

yep that as well......as long as one of the teams were chasing loses and we can actually win!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I can see why some of you live in hope,but for fucks sake accept we are down and get over it:nono:we can barely win 1 game yet some of you think we are capable of winning 5-6 games out of 9.

I can assure you that if anything we are destine for bottom spot:shrug:

the board and all this chopping and changing has truely f***ed us up again :censored:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
With one game left it could happen. Lots of hats could be eaten.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
should never doubt the albion, all those who lost confidence in the team need to think again about being a albion fan, remember 1997 when we were 12 points adriff?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Some of the negative comments on page 1, particularly by Uncle Spielberg made me laugh reading back thru the thread. It makes you realise just how far we have come in the last few weeks.

There really will be some egg needing to be wiped off faces if we can just put together the final jigsaw piece on Saturday:lol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Lets hope it is not bounced again at 16:50 on saturday by those saying we would not stay up.

But there would be no reason to bounce it. All the optimistic people were saying on this thread is there is still a chance, which clearly seeing as we have got out of the bottom four there was. Certain people on this board (and they know who they are) gave up on us way too early and I am sure some would be secretly pleased on Saturday if we go down so they are "proved right".

If this season has shown us anything, it is how unpredictable football is and even if you seem well adrift, you can still catch teams with a couple of wins. This could easily lead to us losing at the weekend but hopefully that won't happen.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Some of the negative comments on page 1, particularly by Uncle Spielberg made me laugh reading back thru the thread. It makes you realise just how far we have come in the last few weeks.

There really will be some egg needing to be wiped off faces if we can just put together the final jigsaw piece on Saturday:lol:

We have come a long way but people still should not have given up even then. It is not even giving up that is the problem, it is people like him looking down on anyone who has not given up hope and having a go at them for still thinking we might stay up that is the issue.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
We have come a long way but people still should not have given up even then. It is not even giving up that is the problem, it is people like him looking down on anyone who has not given up hope and having a go at them for still thinking we might stay up that is the issue.

Exactly! He was way out of order telling other fans to stop hoping and encouraging them to give up on the team.

You're a bad fan US :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here