Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlisle to save us

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Poor result for them tonight losing at home to Hereford. They are seven points better off than us, BUT we have two games in hand.

Their run in is a bit mixed with virtually every team having something to play for apart from Cheltenham who may be down by then I guess:

Northampton (H)
Leicester (A)
Oldham (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Swindon (H)
Cheltenham (A)
Millwall (H)

Still think we have a chance having looked at this. Fairly confident Carlisle won't get to 50 points. Less confident that we will though.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I hear ya, Giraffe ;)

Jump on the rollercoaster, chaps - we are staying up :clap2:

Will you just stop it mate. I'll have to slap you tomorrow night if you persist with this ridiculous notion that we're staying up. I want heads down in our pints stuff tomorrow, not king lear speeches and dunkirk spirit. We're doomed. Yes we are. And nothing's going to change that. Now let me get on with being miserable.......:nono:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Album_cover_marillion_clutching_at_straws.jpg

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Will you just stop it mate. I'll have to slap you tomorrow night if you persist with this ridiculous notion that we're staying up. I want heads down in our pints stuff tomorrow, not king lear speeches and dunkirk spirit. We're doomed. Yes we are. And nothing's going to change that. Now let me get on with being miserable.......:nono:

Hee hee :yahoo:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
we need to catch overhaul two teams - dont see that happening, no matter how badly carlise do

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I think the main thing to bear in mind here, is that WE actually have to start winning some games, forget the other teams around us!
I can't see us winning enough games to stay up. We haven't been able to produce that sort of form all season, so why now?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think the main thing to bear in mind here, is that WE actually have to start winning some games, forget the other teams around us!
In a nutshell. Unless we can somehow buck the entire trend of the season to date and win more games than we lose or draw it doesn't matter what the others do. Swindon, Orient Crewe, Carlisle, Northampton etc can lose every game 5-0, but unless we're winning games it's all irrelevant.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Here's Carlisle on a totally shit run but yet they still won at Withdean.:nono:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
GET REAL. There is more chance of us ending up bottom than staying up. Just ACCEPT it. It will be easier in the long run. Denial is a bad stage to be in.

the 4 stages of relegation.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Acceptance
4. Moving on

You are at stage 1. I am at stage 4. ITs been a long and rocky road but you MUST move on from this ridiculous notion we will stay up. Please I beg you for the sake of your own sanity.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
GET REAL. There is more chance of us ending up bottom than staying up. Just ACCEPT it. It will be easier in the long run. Denial is a bad stage to be in.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Acceptance
4. Moving on

You are at stage 1. I am at stage 4. ITs been a long and rocky road but you MUST move on from this ridiculous notion we will stay up. Please I beg you for the sake of your own sanity.

Well done, you should be pleased with yourself. If only we could all just move then no0one would turn up to games and we'd almost certainly get relegated.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The players have ensured that already. They are paid to have an influence on the outcome. I pay them. They should not rely on me or other supporters to encourage them to give a toss about doing the job they are employed to do.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
The players have ensured that already. They are paid to have an influence on the outcome. I pay them. They should not rely on me or other supporters to encourage them to give a toss about doing the job they are employed to do.

This is the age-old argument, which, to be honest, fails. It's a chicken and egg story.

For the majority of games we need players not to be as passionate as supporters, because otherwise lots would get sent off! WE all know it works as a circle, and we can see that everyteam plays better when supporters get behind them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Acceptance
4. Moving on

Actually I am at number 2. Hard to move on from anger. This season has certainly been the worst I have seen in terms of the expectations we had after last year. We should of been top half, not fighting for the wooden spoon. I may move to number 3. once we are mathematically down though :annoyed:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I can't see us winning enough games to stay up. We haven't been able to produce that sort of form all season, so why now?

Nail. Head.

Games in hand are no good - we need points!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here