Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlisle out ??

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Juan Albion said:
It's unlikely to happen - but it still could. They are dropping like the proverbials, and if York won their game in hand, Orient would only be 4 points clear with 3 games left.

York haven't won for 16 games are on a roll , unfortunately it is downwards and with their financial problems will struggle to get back in the league if they go out.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
paul simpson has done a fantastic gritty like job 2 put them back in contention but i think after 2day they are doomed!

They are also desparately unpopular geographically, unless you take in The Lake District after the game and call it a holiday weekend. I can't see the sense in making the trip for a Carlisle game then just coming straight back. Not that we would be affected now, but I recall it being a dire journey for us when we were in the same division.

Last edited:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
I thought they were going to do it, they really gave it one hell of a go but sadly after todays' result it's going to take the miracle of all miracles for them to survive. Think this is finally going to be the season they drop into the conference.

Nov 3, 2003
it was a disgrace when we played them at Withdean we should beaten them by at least 5-0 not 1-0 it was an injustice to the team that got relegated (Shrewsbury ?) i hope those half scotty **** get relegated and F*** OFF

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NMH said:
They are also desparately unpopular geographically, unless you take in The Lake District after the game and call it a holiday weekend. I can't see the sense in making the trip for a Carlisle game then just coming straight back. Not that we would be affected now, but I recall it being a dire journey for us when we were in the same division.

One of my best ever away trips was the daytrip to Carlisle. Knackered having moved house the previous day I was up at some ungodly hour to get a train from Worthing, and then from Brighton.

The train out of London was full of Albion fans and there was a great atmosphere. Nicely lubricated before we even got to Carlisle we carried on in a rugby club or similar, I vaguely recall. We won the game 1-0 with a hero of theirs, Warren Aspinall getting the all important strike.

We were the victims of a vicious attack as we made our way back to the station - some local children bombarded us with what appeared to be mint imperials. Nasty stuff.

Drinking and singing all the way home, the only downpoint of the day was when I spilled a full can of Stella on my seat about 2 minutes after we left Carlisle.

I would be sad to see them fall out of the football league.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I feel rather sorry for Carlisle. When all is said and done that twat Knighton screwed them royaly and their fan base deserves better. Some of us watched them play down at Torquay for the FFF Day and despite the 800 mile round trip they still managed to get about 700 of their fans there. When you see the frankly pathetic turn out of clubs like Rushden and P'boro at Withdean it certainly makes me a bit sad.

However, seeing as Doncaster and now Chester have got back up there (with the very real possibility of a second ex league club winning the Conference play offs) there's planty of hope for Carlisle especially as Knighton is out of the picture now.

York sadly I don't have a lot of hope for. With there dire financial situation I fear for their existance. Shame really, apart from their fans York is one of the best away trips in the league.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I remember a fantastic day out in Carlisle at the start of the 1984/5 season, left Brighton at 5am, couple of trains later we were in Carlisle for 11am, few hours in some summy pubs and a 3-0 victory before returning home

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can't Tony Blair arrange for the boundaries to be moved. Carlisle is really Scotland!

Juan Albion said:
Agree with Ernest (rare!).

Carlisle are dead. In large part due to Rochdale's 3-0 thrashing of the 'So Don' Leyton hasneverbeens.
I was delighted to see Dale's result yesterday. I've nothing against Carlisle, but if my parents hadn't moved daaan saaarf about 46 years ago, Rochdale would have been my local team.

By the way, anyone know why the official Dale website message board is down or if they have any unofficial ones to rival our own, our vey own, NSC?
:wave:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Dont be too harsh on Orient,I will always be slightly greatfull that they beat Hereford the day we beat Doncaster.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
FG aka Football Genius. said:
it was a disgrace when we played them at Withdean we should beaten them by at least 5-0 not 1-0 it was an injustice to the team that got relegated (Shrewsbury ?) i hope those half scotty **** get relegated and F*** OFF

I never knew FG was capable of such compassion.

:rolleyes:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
coach03 said:
I was delighted to see Dale's result yesterday. I've nothing against Carlisle, but if my parents hadn't moved daaan saaarf about 46 years ago, Rochdale would have been my local team.

By the way, anyone know why the official Dale website message board is down or if they have any unofficial ones to rival our own, our vey own, NSC?
:wave:

Are we related ????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here