Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carling cup seeds

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
hasnt this system been in place for a couple of years?

we cant complain about our category as col u and southend are there on merit.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Hopefully we'll get someone good away so we can get knocked out of this joke cup asap and focus on what matters. Same goes for the JPT. I don't want us embarrassing ourselves in that again this year by getting to the latter rounds.

So you would be less embarrassed if we got knocked out early?:glare:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Palace away please!
Is this the first year its been seeded? cant remember it being like this before.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
So you would be less embarrassed if we got knocked out early?:glare:

Embarrased is the wrong word but I do agree that the JPT is a hindrance we can do without.
We played about 5 matches last time just to get to play Luton:glare:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Embarrased is the wrong word but I do agree that the JPT is a hindrance we can do without.
We played about 5 matches last time just to get to play Luton:glare:

Agree with you there, i think next year we could put the youngsters/reserves out for the jpt for a bit of experience and first team football, if they do well then even better. I think the Carling cup is slightly more important, as a couple of wins could give us a big game and bring a financial bonus.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Agree with you there, i think next year we could put the youngsters/reserves out for the jpt for a bit of experience and first team football, if they do well then even better. I think the Carling cup is slightly more important, as a couple of wins could give us a big game and bring a financial bonus.

Not allowed to play the youngsters / reserves. Have to have at least 6 1st team players in the squad.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Absolutely. Slipping out early when literally NOONE has any interest in it is fine. Getting to the final and being on tv last season was sickening, and a real low-point for me. Seeing fellow supporters getting excited about a trip to Luton was sad to say the least. I don't want ANY messing around this year - we need knocking out in the first round.

If you dont want to go to the games then thats fine, but I dont see how playing teams from our league or even the one above is a 'joke'??

Same with the JPT, we got 2 games on telly out of it last year and we were only one penalty away from Wembley. Are you saying that you would have stayed at home and not bothered to watch if we had got there?

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
If you dont want to go to the games then thats fine, but I dont see how playing teams from our league or even the one above is a 'joke'??

Same with the JPT, we got 2 games on telly out of it last year and we were only one penalty away from Wembley. Are you saying that you would have stayed at home and not bothered to watch if we had got there?

My thoughts exactly.
Plus with the money we wouldn'y have earned from progressing through each round as well as T.V rights

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
If unseeded clubs are in one pot and seeded in another, how do they decide who should be at home?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Do they then put both the balls in another pot and draw them again...or do the seeded clubs automatically get a home game?

Some of the crowds in the early rounds of the League Cup are really poor, at least it would be a decent turn out if we did draw Palace and a game that really meant more than just progression to the next round.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Do they then put both the balls in another pot and draw them again...or do the seeded clubs automatically get a home game?

Some of the crowds in the early rounds of the League Cup are really poor, at least it would be a decent turn out if we did draw Palace and a game that really meant more than just progression to the next round.

Would have to be Palace up there though as they only brought 500 ish for a league game.
How many would we take up there for this ? I'd say about 1600

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I dont understand this seeding crap..................you either draw the teams out of one big mixed up pot fair and square or you might aswell just get the big teams to pick who they want all the way through to the final and do away with the draw system........Its a knock out cup is it not...! If you dont want that system........Dont play.

And on the little league cup,I dont care how we get to wembley i will go everytime....Its a day out.I say go for it !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here