Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carling Cup Final

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
thats not what a ref said on sky sports a few months ago when this subject came up (forget his name), he said the fourth official does the timekeeping, maybe that take it in turns!

Or maybe i'm just wrong :lolol:

Was sure the ref indicated to the fourth official...ho hum. Well played, my son.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I don't know why, but this photo makes me giggle!

_44448025_woodgate_afp416.jpg

I think Woodgate's face has a lot to do with it!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just got back and wow what a final!

Often these games don't live up to the occasion but this was an absorbing contest from start to finish and I think over the entire game Spurs were worthy winners although Chelsea more than played their part in the contest.

Oh and the extra time meant an extra 30 minutes of half price Carling.

:thumbsup:

Dandyman

In London village.
Fantastic. Great game and the right winners. Audere est Facere.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fully derserved.

Chelsea are really good losers, I would be proud to support them.

Drogba is a prize ****, cheating all afternoon then moaning about tt time wasting.

Grant is a prick as well

Woodgate showed his class and why Terry is not fit to lace his boots

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
According to Grant, Chelsea DOMINATED.............

O...K...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cannot understand why Jamie Redknap was blaming Robinson for their goal. Because he paid Andy Gray a backhander to get on Sky, allegedly, doesnt mean that he is always right. If he looked before spouting he would see that Robinson went to his left to check the post was covered before moving to his right but one of the players on the edge of the wall, I think it was Keane, moved across the wall towards the centre leaving that area exposed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Cannot understand why Jamie Redknap was blaming Robinson for their goal. Because he paid Andy Gray a backhander to get on Sky, allegedly, doesnt mean that he is always right. If he looked before spouting he would see that Robinson went to his left to check the post was covered before moving to his right but one of the players on the edge of the wall, I think it was Keane, moved across the wall towards the centre leaving that area exposed.

I only noticed this later to be fair to Jamie.

Another plus from yesterday is it means the chance of portsmouth getting into UEFA are even smaller now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Spurs are my 2nd team as when I was a lad they were the best team in the country , the same as kids today like Man U so I am forever sticking up for Robinson against my boys. I said that as soon as it happened and then even more so when they showed the replays. If we could see it why couldnt Redknapp, simple answer because it is fashionable to blame Paul Robinson at the moment because everybody is trying to promote a new Gordon Banks or Peter Shilton.

I will stick by my prediction, some time ago, that Harry will put money into Bournmouth, perhaps even buy it completely and Jamie will be the manager.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree about Robinson, although i think the dropping did do him good

He was class yesterday and still only got a 6?!

Save from Lampards free kick
Save with legs from Kalou
Save from cole

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it wasa very good decision to pull him out of the lfiring line /newspaper limelight for a period but what is noticeable that as soon as Cerny made a mistake he was dropped and Robinson restored.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think Robinson did do poorly for the goal to be honest, shouldn't really conceed free kicks like the one yesterday.

Think he deserved more than a 6 though, 7 would be fair.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think Robinson did do poorly for the goal to be honest, shouldn't really conceed free kicks like the one yesterday.

Think he deserved more than a 6 though, 7 would be fair.

I think the occasion got to him, although he did improve as the game went on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Highlight of the games was when the ref blew the final whistle as Chelsea were attacking which really wound Drogba up, it would have been even better if the ball had gone in rather than hitting the post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here