Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carling Cup draw

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Cup draw V Boro away

Martin Perry said he just wanted a big club to play and said it is a great draw for the club.
Is it so good for the fans ?
Away against Boro in mid week,the week before we have a league game against Hartlepool.
Be great to stay up there for a few days.Might consider it if we play Boro on the Wednesday. Otherwise can't see me going to both games.2 days off work for the cup game.Cost a lot of money to go to both games aswell.Not such a good draw I think.
Shame Spurs came out of the hat so close to us aswell.:nono: :nono:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Errm - look further down this is discussed on another thread already.

[Threads are now merged]

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Don't know whether I should go, I think I'm changing my hours at work so I should work that night, or should I use the day as a holiday, or use the next week against Rushden as holiday, help!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Easy choice Rushden.

Small ground, loads of noise and 3 points - what more could you ask for ?

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I,m thinking of going as it,s a ground I,ve never been to plus I,m a sucker for a trip away!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should be good - never been there myself either.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Looking on the football ground guide it looks a decent ground. Only been open 8 years

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That's right one of the first "new" grounds to be built.

Remember going to the old ground many moons ago with freebies in the seats from Neil Mcnab - near the Directors Box no less !

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have been checking out the attendance figures for the Riverside.

I'm not so sure we are going to get such a good payout. Someone had previously stated it may only be something like 7000.

Their average gate on a Sat game is 28,000. Last season they didn't get a home draw in either cup competition but the season before it was approx 9000 on a Tuesday night for a cup draw and only 7000 for a a draw at home to Northampton. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here