Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carling cup draw tomorrow... or not - Who do YOU want?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oi

I did exclude cup matches as I recognise that we could also get Hartlepool away in the 3rd round of the FA cup, I meant *regular* fixtures against noddy teams like Carlisle can DO ONE.

As for attendance reckon about 11,000 or so for a noddy team at home midweek.
I reckon we'd get 17,000 for that first Carling Cup game, as that is the first game made available for non-season ticket holders to attend.

Oh, and I'd like Crawley, Wimbledon away, or Swindon, Charlton or Oxford at home.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
charlton away. love the trips there

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I reckon we'd get 17,000 for that first Carling Cup game, as that is the first game made available for non-season ticket holders to attend.

Oh, and I'd like Crawley, Wimbledon away, or Swindon, Charlton or Oxford at home.

If we didn't sell out all 22,500 for the first ever midweek game (and second ever competitive home game) at the Amex then I'd be a little disappointed, to be honest. Maybe I'm expecting too much though...

Swindon at home would be funny - though they'd probably beat us which wouldn't. AFC Dons at home, please...

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Don't really care as I will be saving up for the away game a few days later, probably won't go

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If it is midweek at home the Tues/Weds after the first game of the season then I reckon it will attract a big crowd. First game under floodlights plus loads of people who may have missed out or are not season ticket holders will SNAP this up as their first opportunity to go. Add in the fact it may be a £10/15 game then it could be ROCKING.

Home to Crawley please :)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Since we traditionally go out in the first round (except on the very odd occasion) it probably doesn't matter who we get !

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Anyone at home, Can't be f***ed with an away tie, Northampton last time has really put me off.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yes- Crawley at home. Will be full to capacity for all the reasons already mentioned.
Anyone know- Are we still seeded for the round after that.
When do Premiership Reserve teams join in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here