Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carling Cup Draw + Fixing

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I am aware its on Saturday! Thats not my question.

Does anybody apart from the clubs get the gate receipts? Or is it a straight 50/50 split.

If someone else benefits for example the FA then wouldn't it be in their interest to "fix" the draw, because at the Amex its pretty much going to be close to a sell out, and therefore more money no matter what team we play. Makes much more sense than for example putting us in a smaller stadium somewhere which will will have gates of 8,000 compared to 17,000+ paying full price to enter the stadium.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Round 3 Saturday 27th August on Soccer Saturday

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did you not see the draw for the second round.

Half the clubs had already been drawn either home or away before the live draw started

I didn't understand that at the time. And I still don't.
Does someone know why and how that was decided, and are they doing it for R3 as well ?

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I didn't understand that at the time. And I still don't.
Does someone know why and how that was decided, and are they doing it for R3 as well ?

The teams that were drawn first were all unseeded, they have to play a seeded team, hence why the draw is done in two stages. Round 3, i believe is everyone in the hat ala the FA Cup draw.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The teams that were drawn first were all unseeded, they have to play a seeded team, hence why the draw is done in two stages. Round 3, i believe is everyone in the hat ala the FA Cup draw.

So were the unseeded teams also automatically afforded home advantage ?

Surely not, being as the likes of Naarch and QPR were at home last night against the pub teams. How come we were already in the "home" slot when the draw was made ?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So were the unseeded teams also automatically afforded home advantage ?

Surely not, being as the likes of Naarch and QPR were at home last night against the pub teams. How come we were already in the "home" slot when the draw was made ?

I'm guessing the first draw decides if the unseeded team is home or away, the second bit who they play.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The draw is at 12:15 on Soccer Saturday, Sky Sports News.

2 or 11 away would suit me, or anyone at the Amex

01. Aldershot Town/Carlisle United
02. Arsenal
03. Aston Villa
04. Birmingham City
05. Blackburn Rovers
06. Bolton Wanderers
07. Brighton & Hove Albion
08. Burnley
09. Cardiff City
10. Charlton Athletic/Preston North End
11. Chelsea
12. Crystal Palace/Wigan Athletic
13. Everton
14. Fulham
15. Leeds United
16. Leicester City
17. Leyton Orient/Bristol Rovers
18. Liverpool
19. Manchester City
20. Manchester United
21. Middlesbrough
22. Millwall
23. Milton Keynes Dons
24. Newcastle United
25. Nottingham Forest
26. Rochdale
27. Shrewsbury Town
28. Stoke City
29. Swindon Town/Southampton
30. Tottenham Hotspur
31. West Bromwich Albion
32. Wolverhampton Wanderers

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am aware its on Saturday! Thats not my question.

Does anybody apart from the clubs get the gate receipts? Or is it a straight 50/50 split.

If someone else benefits for example the FA then wouldn't it be in their interest to "fix" the draw, because at the Amex its pretty much going to be close to a sell out, and therefore more money no matter what team we play. Makes much more sense than for example putting us in a smaller stadium somewhere which will will have gates of 8,000 compared to 17,000+ paying full price to enter the stadium.

I have long considered the draw for some FA cup fixtures to be fixed, and I am in no doubt that the league cup is no different. No idea how, and certainly in recent years with the live draws, it does not seem possible. Anyone remember when Crawley were non existant. First time they ever reached the third round, or only time two sussex teams in third round draw, or something like that. OOOOh and number 27 Brighton and Hove Albion versus 12 Crawley Town. ... Shock Horror.

Not to mention the season we were in dire straits financially ( Yeah yeah , I know there have been loads ). We got Man United away in league and FA cup same season.

Could of course be blind luck, but logic suggests otherwise. IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here