Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carling Cup 3rd round date !

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Im sorry if this fixtures, but i've been told that the 3rd round ties are to be played on the 20/21/22 of September.
Now i do not know if these dates are correct but if they are true, would this put the Leeds game in jepoardy ?
Please don't shoot the messenger.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Ours will be the Tuesday, no worries!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I can't imagine they would set a date for a Carling Cup game if that meant having to move a TELEVISED LEAGUE game.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What if we draw a team who are playing the previous Sunday Bob?

Sunday, 18 September 2011
Tottenham v Liverpool, 13:30
Man Utd v Chelsea, 16:00

Ok, potentially might be Wednesday IF we draw one of these, but even then any of these teams are likely to field a weakened side, and we would want the Tuesday.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Every time we go into a cup draw I'm DREAMING of Arsenal at the Emirates, but it NEVER happens! However, I'm going to be on holiday when these ties are played so I'm pretty much 100% positive we will be drawn to play ARSENAL at the EMIRATES! :mad:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Actually the way things like this happen in football, I would put a £1 on us getting Leeds at home, so playing them on the Tuesday night and then the Friday night.

IF we get one of those "big" four then I don't know what will happen, we cannot play on the Wednesday as we play on the Friday and those four will not play on the Tuesday. We cannot play the following midweek as we have palace, we could end up playing the week after that, which will still be three weeks before the next round.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Actually the way things like this happen in football, I would put a £1 on us getting Leeds at home, so playing them on the Tuesday night and then the Friday night.

IF we get one of those "big" four then I don't know what will happen, we cannot play on the Wednesday as we play on the Friday and those four will not play on the Tuesday. We cannot play the following midweek as we have palace, we could end up playing the week after that, which will still be three weeks before the next round.

There are also Europa league fixtures the preceding week, so any team in that will have their game switched from Sat to Sun.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

The league would not give a toss about us any rearrangement would only be to the benefit of the"big" 4 like every other decision

---
I am here: Google Maps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here