Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cards on table - SC to stay

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
albiongirl said:
I think it is 50/50 it shows what we mean to him if his latest interview say he is torn!! It is just a shame the decision for Falmer was delayed.

It has been delayed yet again!? When is it expected now? Bloody hell!:nono:

Jul 6, 2003
shoreham
just been on the reading board what a bunch of arrogant tossers i agree with chappers and hope they really f:censored: k this season right up.

i also believe 100% that sc will stay because he has got something really good starting to happen here at the moment and a improved offer from reading won't matter in the slightest.

heres to you steve what ever you do:drink:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I had a look at the Reading site last night and one bloke on there said if they get Sc now they have a great chance of winning DIV 2!!!!

What are they on up there?
Also saw the interview with himn last night on Sky Sprts News,and I have the gut feeling he is going,as he said on there,that he only has a contract with us til the end of this season:angry:
And they have a Quality Stadium,(Thaankyou Mr Prescott:angry: )

So I think he is off.:down: :down: :down:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He only ever had a contract until the end of the season. That was one of the sticking points in June when he took his time to make his mind up.

That is one of the reasons I think he will stay. The public inquiry was delayed to sort out the access road with Brighton University, that has now been settled and the inquiry will resume 14th October.
Then it goes to JP for his decision. In other words we are within weeks of knowing if Falmer is all sytems go or not.

If SC stays and I think he will, then he will know too. If the decision goes against us, and I think it won't, then he can go at the end of the season with a good impressive CV (promotion?) free of contract, looking a really good principled manager.

The interview on sky sports news was very interesting. He definitely seems to be dithering. It seems that he does really like it here, he loves the players and his staff, and I think it is those ties and relationships which have complicated what would have been a 'no-brainer'decision to take the reading job.

I thought his comment at the the end of 'I don't know if they still want me' was cryptic, was he talking about reading? surely it couldn't have been us Attila wrote him a poem FFS:lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yorkie, if SC could read the last sentence of your last paragraph, there's no doubt in my mind that he would stay.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Cheeky Monkey said:
Yorkie, if SC could read the last sentence of your last paragraph, there's no doubt in my mind that he would stay.

I sent an email to the club for his attention. I hope he read it.

glosterseagull

Oct 2, 2003
He'll stay . . .I'm sure!

well 50.01 v 49.99.

I cant see him holding out for more money as the ploy.

From the outside he should go..
More money to spend, Stadium and bigger wage packet

but..no one is 100 percent confident especially managers you can blow 1.5 million and not get success.

Finally the team spirit is high, he knows the players. If his mind was made up you wouldn't have so many public statements asking him to stay. And finally....

if he does stay it wont be 7,000 people calling him a wanker, but another 7,000 people worshiping him. it will be 6987 people calling him a wanker, but another 7,0013 people worshiping him. Approx.:rolleyes:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
glosterseagull said:
if he does stay it wont be 7,000 people calling him a wanker, but another 7,000 people worshiping him. it will be 6987 people calling him a wanker, but another 7,0013 people worshiping him. Approx.:rolleyes: [/B]

eh? ??? how'd the hell did you get that?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
surely it couldn't have been us Attila wrote him a poem FFS:lolol:

Bloody hell. that embarrasing poem could have made Coppell's mind up there and then.

Bit of a risky strategy Mr Baine :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully if Coppell asks Pardew for advice, Pardew will put in a bad word about Madejski, which will help tip the scales towards us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I just don't know what to think any more. I was sure that Coppell would be gone and we'd have lost against Blackpool by now.

In the last week I remember Lush asking why he hadn't just taken the Reading gig and Dwayne saying because he hadn't been offered it. All very plausable at first sight, but this isn't just me or you going for a job is it?

In the corporate world many positions are filled by word of mouth or who knows who, but sometimes you have to advertise and then you don't know what you're getting. In the football world it's such a public job that Mad Jet Ski wouldn't even have offered Coppell an interview if he wasn't interested. Which leaves you assuming either the terms weren't right or Coppell is genuinely torn.

Finally, if Mad Jet Ski had an ounce of self respect the only way he could back up the sanctimonous shite he was spouting about Pardew would be to hire a manager who wasn't currently employed with another club. Dick Knight has consistantly hired managers from the available list rather than going "so which other promising manager from another club can I nick?" and our club's all the better for it.

Last edited:

Platypuss

Oct 2, 2003
Madejski is so tight that he only gave Pardew over a million to spend in the close season. Bet you can't think of many Nationwide teams that spent more.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Madjeski is running Reading like a business and doing very well out of it - they are very close to actuially running a profit. Think of all those clubs that have thrown money away and are now in Administration. Like Dick Knight at Brighton he is doing the right thing - only on a bigger scale!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here