Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff's Ramsey signs for Man Utd

Looks like i was right (im savouring this)

Ramsey joins arsenal for around 5 million

You said he'd be FAR better off joining Arsenal rather than anyone else. I don't see quite how you think you were right. He's picked Arsenal, but there's no evidence yet whether it was the right decision; in fact it's unlikely that there ever will be, unless he comes the best player on the planet.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No, you were wrong. Joining Arsenal is not a FAR better choice. Both clubs have a very good track record of developing young talents.

Im just going on what chairmen and managers always say which is they would rather let their players go to arsenal

clearly something is preferable about them, they cant offer more in wages, and they aren;t offering ramsey the immediate loan back to cardiff for the season(like uniteds deal offered) yet ramsey has chosen them.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Im just going on what chairmen and managers always say which is they would rather let their players go to arsenal

clearly something is preferable about them, they cant offer more in wages, and they aren;t offering ramsey the immediate loan back to cardiff for the season(like uniteds deal offered) yet ramsey has chosen them.
What chairman and managers have said that, other than Paul Scally? I'm sure Peter Ridsdale would be quite happy for him to go to anyone who offered him £5m....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What chairman and managers have said that, other than Paul Scally? I'm sure Peter Ridsdale would be quite happy for him to go to anyone who offered him £5m....

Dave Jones said he would be pleased to see ramsey go to arsenal with their youth set up.

scally said arsenal were his choice for freeman.

southampton upon lettin walcott go echoes the same things.

all im saying is ive never seen a chairmen come out with saying they want their player to go to united, where often they say this about arsenal.

Also name recent players united have signed from 17 downwards and developed into a quality player.

Im not saying they cant do it, far from it. But they buy the finished product, because they can. Even ronaldo was a fantastic talent when he joined and on the fringes of the national team.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Arsenal have spent well over £10 million on 3 BRITISH wonder kids then

Walcott hasnt progressed like people said he would.
Freemen has to finish his GCSE's
Ramsey has played 20 games of professional football.

The rest of the youth team are imports from France, Belgium, Holland and the deepest depths of Africa , all costing loads in compensation.

Maybe they are preparing for a change in rules meaning they HAVE to play someone slightly resembling a British player, rather than tenuois link British players

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
good signing for the arse - suprised he has gone there though, as united were offering to loan him back to cardiff for another season, which would have meant first team football next year

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
good signing for the arse - suprised he has gone there though, as united were offering to loan him back to cardiff for another season, which would have meant first team football next year

I dont know WHAT he offers to these young boys when he is telling them to join arsenal but MY GOD he is persuading.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If i was Ramsey i would love the chance to join arsenal, learn the style of play they play would be amazing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here