Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff move in for Noone

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
At the time of writing, Cardiff are a bigger club than us, with a better chance of reaching the Premiership and it's blinkered to pretend otherwise. On that alone I can imagine Noone being interested, but I think we've got more potential over the next few seasons than they have. All depends on how committed he is to Tony and Gus's project.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The gap between teams like Cardiff and us has narrowed this season. We are a team on an upward curve.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
noticed banner ad after post 100 on page 5 by Sir Albion (if not logged in) , its advertising tickets for man united blackburn on 31st dec 2011. could be a good game, if you go my NSC NAP tip is a Yakubu first scorer and 2-3 blackburn win!

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Cannot see noone moving sideways to another championship club, most likely outcome is he fulfils his potential with us and if he can improve his final ball then possibly lower half of prem in the next two years (could well be with us).

Going to Cardiff would be a backward step not sideways.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Just had a text from a mate who said it is a done deal - Noone will go for 700k. He said it was a VERY reliable source !!!! I f***ing hope not

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just had a text from a mate who said it is a done deal - Noone will go for 700k. He said it was a VERY reliable source !!!! I f***ing hope not

If and I state if it is a done deal, I can only assume Gus knows and approved this sale and has a possible replacement lined up. No worries people chillax and feel the warmth

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If that is the case then we as a club need shooting,700k would be a joke amount of money.

We would not be abled to find a championship replacement for 700k,yes we have other quality wingers but noone is a big part player.

Why would we sell a player like that to a rival in our division?maybe noone wants to leave and is bored with our football????

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
If we sell him it shows that we lack ambition. Noone has been a huge player for us this season, to sell him now would be a massive mistake. Another shocker added to Gus's growing list of top players sold for peanuts

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would take £700k for him in a heartbeat...If Buckley and Lualua stay fit Noone should be third choice all day long. Always tries to take on one man to many, often missing the easier ball, and the end results is all to often very poor. Average championship player at best.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would take £700k for him in a heartbeat...If Buckley and Lualua stay fit Noone should be third choice all day long. Always tries to take on one man to many, often missing the easier ball, and the end results is all to often very poor. Average championship player at best.

don't agree with that overall assessment Kev, he blows hot and cold for sure, but he is unplayable sometimes and anonymous others.... not in the best of form currently, but still think he has massive potential.

Remembering we bought him from League 1 bottom club for a bargain 300k, after a season at top end of league 1 and championship I do think he is worth a bit more than 700k and if he rediscovered his early season form he would be worth 1 mill +.

Add in that both KLL and Buckley are sicknotes I don't understand the logic, we need to improve on our best players and clear out the dross, we lost 2 of our best players pre season and now we potentially lose another one of our proven better players??

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
someone saying on twitter that Noone has agreed to sign for £700K - think it must be return of the rev under a pseuedonym

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here