Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff Fans...

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
BRIGHT ON Q said:
I think you know what i mean don't you?. Withdean might be the worse ground to watch football at as far as a view goes, but as an away fan, you ask anyone in the country which ground they would rather not visit, and you might just be top of the league.

I doubt that. We may well have been a trip to avoid for fans of small clubs in the lower divisions (much like yourselves), but fans of the bigger clubs don't seem to mind travelling here at all. With the exception of Wigan, who brought about 120, most First Division clubs have brought plenty of support with them.

I suppose if you're a fan of a big club like Norwich, West Brom or Sheffield United and you are used to playing teams like West Ham, Birmingham, Millwall, etc, on a regular basis, then a trip to Cardiff is no big deal.

But if you're a fan of a small club like Colchester, Brentford or Brighton and you are used to playing teams like Chesterfield, Rushden and Wycombe, then a trip to Cardiff is a big deal indeed.....

Poor turnout from Reading last night though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:

But if you're a fan of a small club like Colchester, Brentford or BRIGHTON and you are used to playing teams like Chesterfield, Rushden and Wycombe, then a trip to Cardiff is a big deal indeed.....

Nicely done.:glare:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I doubt that. We may well have been a trip to avoid for fans of small clubs in the lower divisions (much like yourselves), but fans of the bigger clubs don't seem to mind travelling here at all. With the exception of Wigan, who brought about 120, most First Division clubs have brought plenty of support with them.

I suppose if you're a fan of a big club like Norwich, West Brom or Sheffield United and you are used to playing teams like West Ham, Birmingham, Millwall, etc, on a regular basis, then a trip to Cardiff is no big deal.

But if you're a fan of a small club like Colchester, Brentford or Brighton and you are used to playing teams like Chesterfield, Rushden and Wycombe, then a trip to Cardiff is a big deal indeed.....

Poor turnout from Reading last night though.
OOOOOOOOOOO you bald baffoon:drink:
Personally i don't have a problem with places like millwall and cardiff etc as its a rare atmosphere to enjoy.:drink:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
What's the worst away venue in the country?

The Withdean Stadium would be my guess.

Reading usually bring many more fans to Ninian Park than they did last night.

No, you can come away from Withdean without stab wounds. If you come away from Ninian Park without some sort of war wound then your bloody lucky. That makes yours the worst away venue in the league.

pLUS SOME OF THE BIG CLUBS HAVE SOME SERIOUS NUTTERS AND MANY OF THEM, WHO LOOK FORWARD TO A BIT OF TAFF BAITING.

WHILST READING ARE FULLY AWARE OF CARDIFF POTENTIAL AND ARE GENERALLY NUTTER FREE.

:lolol: :angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
chez said:
No, you can come away from Withdean without stab wounds. If you come away from Ninian Park without some sort of war wound then your bloody lucky. That makes yours the worst away venue in the league.

What a load of old bollocks.

When was the last time anyone was stabbed at Ninian Park?

Furthermore, when was the last incident of crowd trouble at Ninian Park?

Be honest, you haven't a clue and you're talking utter shit.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think the problem is a bit like Jordans tits, i.e a huge reputation goes before them. I have only been there once, but it was a great day out.

TLB, will you come out for a pint or two (and to the match of course) if we make the play-off final, would be good to meet an NSC legend.

We could swap stories about the Clash and The Buzzcocks

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
El Presidente said:
TLB, will you come out for a pint or two (and to the match of course) if we make the play-off final, would be good to meet an NSC legend.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Albion reach the final. Should that happen, I'll be trying to arrange something with the landlord of my local for the day of the game - an early opening for NSC users or something.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Top banana. The landlord will be able to recognise us saddoes as we now all have our NSC names on the back of shirts!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
RoyalAli said:
We may not have taken many, but we easily outsung them.

Why so few? You've always brought a decent following down here in the past, but the numbers last night were pathetic for a team chasing a First Division play-off spot.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

Well my family are welsh and I wont be going to cardiff again after having my windscreen smashed in with a baseball bat AND ive got a small welsh dragon sticker in my back window that my dad put in.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003

That's as it may be, but can you give a reason for why 2 seasons ago we played Bristol City and Cardiff away in the space of 2-3 weeks and we took between 2000- 2500 fans to Bristol but struggled to take less than one fifth of that amount to Cardiff a few weeks later (not very far in distance between Bristol and Cardiff as you know)......Makes you think, doesn't it?

PS Have you made your millions with the numero uno copy of "Build a Bonfire" yet?!!!!!!;)

Last edited:

RoyalAli said:
its about 40 miles between the two.
I have no idea why we took so few.
I thought the attendance overall was pretty low as well, you average about 16k at the moment don't you, and yesterday was 14.

And the other 13,986 were thugs :lol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Can you give a reason for why 2 seasons ago we played Bristol City and Cardiff away in the space of 2-3 weeks and we took between 2000- 2500 fans to Bristol but struggled to take less than one fifth of that amount to Cardiff a few weeks later.

I expect that's because a large number of Brighton fans read the Sun or the Star and believe all the bullshit the gutter press feeds them.

:lolol: :p :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here