Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff fan here

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't fault him personally. Yes his end product needs improving, but he is a handful for any full back, great dribbling skills and over and above that his attitude is brilliant, totally brilliant. I reckon he will do very well for you and is young enough to get even better. I understand the reasons we sold him and am happy with that but he is a very good buy for Cardiff and will serve them well, especially if he is able to visit Nandos at least three times a week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Glad you enjoyed his brilliant performance. Pencil in sometime in the middle of December for his next one...
No the Emperor will still be fully clothed for a few more weeks.

Pencil in sometime in late Oct, for the cracks to show.

If they don't you have a bargain...

...but they will.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Makes me think of previous wingers who weren't quite the finished article when playing for us but had great potential and on a good day could tear the opposition apart, were popular with the fans but the Club let them move on eg Tony Towner, John Robinson. Maybe to some extent Steve Penney too, who still became an established N. Ireland international while with us although injury was a big factor in his departure.

They were all capable of giving full backs a torrid time but often had issues with their final delivery.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Makes me think of previous wingers who weren't quite the finished article when playing for us but had great potential and on a good day could tear the opposition apart, were popular with the fans but the Club let them move on eg Tony Towner, John Robinson. Maybe to some extent Steve Penney too, who still became an established N. Ireland international while with us although injury was a big factor in his departure.

They were all capable of giving full backs a torrid time but often had issues with their final delivery.

(I know you weren't really, but) to compare Craig Noone with Steve Penney is CRAZINESS.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
(I know you weren't really, but) to compare Craig Noone with Steve Penney is CRAZINESS.

Yeah, I did ponder that one but thinking back it was the disappointment at Steve's career with the Albion being curtailed too soon when he might have taken things to an even better level. Not sure it is crazy as I don't think he and Nooney were poles apart in terms of talent, maybe Penney had the benefit of more experience at the old Div 2 level to help him be more consistent? It's good to recall great memories of Steve (and your avatar of course) in the classic Albion side during the 'Phoenix Brewery' era with Martin Keown, Eric Young, Danny Wilson, Frank Worthington, Dean Saunders, Joe Corrigan etc among others.

The other one who frustrated me most was Tony Towner. He never quite nailed down a first team place probably because of inconsistency but certainly had that raw pace. Never really tore things up for Millwall although he was a first teamer for them.

Everyone likes an exciting winger to get the crowd going. Unlike losing those previous wingers we have the luxury of Buckley and KLL plus Lopez and Orlandi seem to offer a wide role too, so an embarrasment of riches.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Hello i am a cardiff fan but i always check out the brighton scores and stats and so on just want to say Craig noone had a awsome start for us on the weekend looks to be what we was missing last season but as for you lot i got to say your stadium looks amazing and i do hope you go up this season i remember playing in the old division 3 some years ago so we both come along way since those day any way all the best this season

Hello Mrs Noone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here