Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff doing the 'lucky red scarf' thing to try and beat us next Tuesday

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have Cardiff missed an opportunity here by not selling half and half scarfs which would be half red (Cardiff) and half blue (Brighton)

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Red is the most successful colour in sport....according to a sign in the home changing room of the millenium stadium.

Except for cycling. The bloke who wins the Tour de France always seems to be wearing yellow.
:tumble:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Interesting to see which colours/designs become associated with success, even if you can't prove a colour or design makes a team successful.

For example, when was the last time a team in stripes have been champions of England? Sunderland in 1936.

Blue is the most prevalent colour of the English Premier League and Football League clubs, but, as is well known, clubs in red have dominated the honours.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How much of a fuss was kicked in 1980 when we ditched the stripes?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
They haven't just ditched the pattern on their shirts though have they. I don't think saints fans were too happy with the new pin stripe look for that matter.

It was a genuine question I was asking, rather than trying to make a point. I suppose 1970-71 and 1974-75 when we ran out in all-white would be other seasons when the question would be relevant, although keeping fans happy nowadays may be seen as more important due to the replica shirt market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here