Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff and BHA ....

BlueBird

Feb 10, 2005
Hi Brighton,
was wondering if you consider yourself safe this season?
it's pretty much 50/50 for us and as we are only 4 point worse off I wondered whether you feel the same....

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I don't think we're safe just yet, but I'm pretty confident that we'll stay up. Just can't take things for granted. 2 or 3 more wins, and I'll be happy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
probably...

there is always going to be one team who go into freefall about now......Coventry and Plymouth seem to be that side at the moment.

I recon Rotherham, Notts Forest and Plymouth to go down

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think we can stay up now. At least weve given ourselfs a real fighting chance. It'll be harder for you lot, but I think you've got enough to avoid the drop.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I tihnk we have got a bloody good chance this season although saturdays game is massive with regards to that. We win on saturday and we will have a 7 point lead over cardiff and at least 9 over the gills possibly more. I personally think Cardiff and Brighton will both survive and we'll see eithe rthe gills or plymouth slip down.

BlueBird

Feb 10, 2005
for me i think we are safe, just ask :

Rotherham
Forest - losing Reid and Dawson has to be final straw for them
Gillingham - one season in this Div too many

also with Crewe losing Ashton and Burnley losing Chaplow and Blake I be those sets of supporters May can't come soon enough!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, I'm pretty confident both teams will stay up, I think in the end it will be more confortable for you than it is for us but as we'd have taken 4th from bottom at thr start of the season it's a bit churlish to moan about it now.

Also we have one of your compatriots posting on here under the name of 'The Laughing Bluebird'. We'd hate for him to have to change his name to something like the 'Furiously mopping his brow Bluebird' :)

Neither of us are safe but I would rate our chances of survival as very similar, both very good.

Brighton are not as good a team as Cardiff but we've made the most of our players this season while you've underperformed, but there is good evidence that we are both now picking up the points at the crucial time while teams like Plymouth and Coventry are having bad crises of confidence.

We would be delighted with a point on Saturday.

BlueBird

Feb 10, 2005
point taken regarding TLB !!!

i have to say that alot down here regard this as a BIG game Saturday, me included..........
It will determine the mood 'amongst the ranks' for the remainder of the season.....
Our lot are not the most patient of fans..........

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The lads have done well to put us in a position where we ought to stay up, but the run in is pretty tough so I'm not gonna relax just yet.
Both BHA and Cardiff should be safe and Plymouth seem to be grabbing as many strikers as they can. Rotherham, Forest and Gillingham for the drop.

BlueBird

Feb 10, 2005
oh....forgot to say, I don't know how 'Chippy' is viewed by you lot but I used to love the way he 'graced' our midfield :)
He's certainly a fans type of player as opposed to a football purists type of player !!

He's top !!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Chippy is certainly well loved here (unlike in Reading), he's been one of our most consistant players over the past couple of years.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
dave the gaffer said:
probably...

there is always going to be one team who go into freefall about now......Coventry and Plymouth seem to be that side at the moment.

I recon Rotherham, Notts Forest and Plymouth to go down
can't see plymouth going down the way they have been adding to there squad

scott taylor from blackpool £100,000
nick chadwick from everton £250,000
dexter blackstock from southampton on loan
tommy doherty from bristol city expected to give his discision in next couple of day on loan move to home park

we definatly aint safe yet if we go on a 2 or 3 game losing streak now we would probably drop right back down we just need to keep picking up points with the odd win thrown in

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
BlueBird said:
oh....forgot to say, I don't know how 'Chippy' is viewed by you lot but I used to love the way he 'graced' our midfield :)
He's certainly a fans type of player as opposed to a football purists type of player !!

He's top !!

Chippy has been a superb servant to our club, being a crucial part in 3 promotion seasons. One of the most consistent performers at the club, he's proved himself at Division One level this year as well. He's actually one of our more creative midfield players, and his set-pieces have been valuable since the departure of Darren Currie.

BlueBird

Feb 10, 2005
I can believe it..............
players who try will always be respected by the fans.......
Apart from Andy Legg and Gareth Ainsworth he's the only player i felt gutted about when he left in recent times, All three hurt when they lost (they must have been in bloody agony playing for us!!)

BlueBird

Feb 10, 2005
close......... 38
i was being funny........

maybe i should have said..........
He's a class act...........is that better.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here