Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Maybe, but seems unnecessary as the North West quadrant isn’t for sale and you can’t get from one to the other anyway. They’re not at the same level. I have no idea what’s going on with those blocks in the East Stand, but it might be because they’re not expecting many home fans, so they might as well occupy fewer blocks and be closer together. It can’t be for segregation or they’d always be closed. Irrelevant anyway, because there have been so few sales in that stand.
Hello! Looking for some info if you dont mind - can you move between the various blocks in the stand? I've got two in WSP and am thinking of getting another in WSL, but only if we can all get together after getting through the turnstiles.

Also, are Charlton as uptight re bags as PL clubs? Some arse put a London mtg in my calendar finishing at 5pm so will have laptop etc

Uboat

Nov 11, 2022
Hello! Looking for some info if you dont mind - can you move between the various blocks in the stand? I've got two in WSP and am thinking of getting another in WSL, but only if we can all get together after getting through the turnstiles.

Also, are Charlton as uptight re bags as PL clubs? Some arse put a London mtg in my calendar finishing at 5pm so will have laptop etc
The concourses are separated by a corporate area, but I’m almost certain you can get from one to other by walking through the seats then down the steps. If you want a drink at half time, head out after about 12 minutes.
Bags should be fine, but it might get searched, so leave your pyro in the office.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The concourses are separated by a corporate area, but I’m almost certain you can get from one to other by walking through the seats then down the steps. If you want a drink at half time, head out after about 12 minutes.
Bags should be fine, but it might get searched, so leave your pyro in the office.
Nice one, thanks!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How many home fans do you expect to be at this game?

Uboat

Nov 11, 2022
E56F8972-6184-40F7-9071-BD24A5CB55D9.jpeg

Shame about the spelling, but you can’t win them all.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Peterborough in the FA Cup in 1986. Maybe 7 to 9000 (?) Albion in a 15000 crowd. Snow on the pitch, overcrowded terracing, orange ball, minor pitch invasions after goals, only 2 exits from the away end (!). Pre Hillsborough but all the ingredients for a similar outcome. Actually a brilliant day as we survived it.
Orange ball!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Very hard to say, but I’d guess about 7000. We’re at a pretty low ebb. See ITV4 right now for details.
I feel for you guys and the pain your club is experiencing.

Charlton is a friendly club that deserves better

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Peterborough in the FA Cup in 1986. Maybe 7 to 9000 (?) Albion in a 15000 crowd. Snow on the pitch, overcrowded terracing, orange ball, minor pitch invasions after goals, only 2 exits from the away end (!). Pre Hillsborough but all the ingredients for a similar outcome. Actually a brilliant day as we survived it.
We had 6,000 on that day. We had the terrace behind the goal (that by 1998 was licensed for 1,750 people!) and about 4/500 seats. Nowhere near 9,000. I've never felt so fearful of my life on that day as I was horribly crushed against a barrier as we celebrated that second equaliser.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We had 6,000 on that day. We had the terrace behind the goal (that by 1998 was licensed for 1,750 people!) and about 4/500 seats. Nowhere near 9,000. I've never felt so fearful of my life on that day as I was horribly crushed against a barrier as we celebrated that second equaliser.
I’m sure we only had 4500. I know their end only held 4K. Anyway that was the most important game I ever went to. I got arrested over night and when I got home my girlfriend walked out as a last straw she said. Two weeks later ai met my wife. Just had our 4th grandchild last week.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I’ve got 6,000 in my head for away support that day.

Charlton has potential to be a fantastic night out. Pre Christmas beers around London Bridge and 6,000+ away support should make a cracking atmosphere.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Peterborough was a great game. Think half of the coach we were on were barely able to walk due to the amount of beer consumed

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve got 6,000 in my head for away support that day.

Charlton has potential to be a fantastic night out. Pre Christmas beers around London Bridge and 6,000+ away support should make a cracking atmosphere.
.…at least maybe half should get back to Brighton before dawn too. I was in London for drinks last night - about one in two Brighton-bound trains seemed to be cancelled.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yep, I was against a barrier as well. Never again ! I always made a point of standing in front of them after that match.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Yep, I was against a barrier as well. Never again ! I always made a point of standing in front of them after that match.
Yep, I learned that lesson that time that Tottenham fans occupied the back of the North Stand and pushed down. Terrifying seeing that barrier getting closer and closer to your ribs when you can't move in any direction because of the packed crowd. Somehow managed to get underneath the bar at the last moment.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Watching Charlton against Stockport, well below both not so long ago. Will Collar looking decent, wonder if we have a sell on
No chance we’ve got a sell on now, Will left us for Hamilton so if we had one it would have applied only while he was with them. He was released from that contract in Feb 2021.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Absolute cracker of a day out on the train from Kings Cross. We played zoom schwartz profigliano with Thommo, Loco and other Two Hopes lads before the game and then enjoyed Dave "Rusty" King's solo pitch invasion when Saunders netted just in front of us on the frozen pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here