Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Had a browse through their forum to see how they felt. Pretty fair split of “shit draw” and “decent draw” However,

“I think people are building Brighton up to what they might not be. Arsenal have other targets now they have had that great start to the league and have qualified for the next stage of the CL. As for Brighton in the PL, it could be just new manager bounce. 3 consecutive wins in the PL has given them 9 points, puts them on 21 and pushed them to 6th. Take away those 9 points and they would be sitting in a relegation spot. Their season hasn’t been that great. They can’t afford to lose that new manager bounce or put too many eggs in that Caribao cup basket.”

There are undiscovered tribes in the Amazon rainforest who have a better understanding of our season than this dope :lolol:
He's also plain wrong. Unless he thinks we get 3 points for the cup win #AshleyBarnes

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
The Market Porter by London Bridge will be doing a roaring trade. Great pub. Probably my favourite in the world! 👑
Interesting. I worked in Borough High street for just over a year and didnt know it. Is it the pub almost within Borough Market? I used to frequent other pubs such as the The George . Its definitely not the best pub in the world though as that award goes to the Square and Compass in Worth Matravers in Dorset which has its own geology museum attached bizzarley!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Had a browse through their forum to see how they felt. Pretty fair split of “shit draw” and “decent draw” However,

“I think people are building Brighton up to what they might not be. Arsenal have other targets now they have had that great start to the league and have qualified for the next stage of the CL. As for Brighton in the PL, it could be just new manager bounce. 3 consecutive wins in the PL has given them 9 points, puts them on 21 and pushed them to 6th. Take away those 9 points and they would be sitting in a relegation spot. Their season hasn’t been that great. They can’t afford to lose that new manager bounce or put too many eggs in that Caribao cup basket.”

There are undiscovered tribes in the Amazon rainforest who have a better understanding of our season than this dope :lolol:
I too found their forum an interesting read. Most were underwhelmed with the draw, describing us as a mediocre PL team comparable with Norwich. Also some seem to think we’ve not got any players going to the World Cup so they’ll benefit from us not playing for 6 weeks !

Was an amusing read while also reminding myself that why would their fans have any decent knowledge about us if they don’t give a toss about the PL - that was us not that long ago although I was always excited at drawing any PL club in the cup back then.

Uboat

Nov 11, 2022
Hello lads and lasses. Sadly we do not have a good owner and the club is stagnating badly. Our owner is a Danish/American egomaniac who said we’d be playing European football in five years then embarked on a drastic cost cutting exercise. We’ve got a few good players and a good manager, but another season in league one seems inevitable, with no prospect of anything better to follow.
The earlier prediction of a 20,000 plus crowd is extremely unlikely given the apathy that has descended on the fan base after years of frustration. 10-12 seems more realistic, including 3000 Brighton.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Interesting. I worked in Borough High street for just over a year and didnt know it. Is it the pub almost within Borough Market? I used to frequent other pubs such as the The George . Its definitely not the best pub in the world though as that award goes to the Square and Compass in Worth Matravers in Dorset which has its own geology museum attached bizzarley!
Yes. It is part of the market but not that easy to find. It's not a huge pub although usually has about 20 different real ales on. I haven't been there for about four years. Any trip to Charlton or Millwall must include a trip to the Market Porter.

Being so close to Christmas
, it will look amazing with all the decorations up!

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Yes. It is part of the market but not that easy to find. It's not a huge pub although usually has about 20 different real ales on. I haven't been there for about four years. Any trip to Charlton or Millwall must include a trip to the Market Porter.

Being so close to Christmas
, it will look amazing with all the decorations up!
Sounds Great - I`ll definitely pay it a visit for the Charlton game if I can get a ticket, or next time I`m in London.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I know it's w/comm 19/12 but does anyone know when the actual date will be confirmed, I need to book a hotel

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Won't they just give us the whole of the Jimmy Seed Stand which has a capacity of approx 3,000.

Bit hard to gauge demand for this one, on the one hand it's a London club away from home after weeks of no live football. On the other hand it's a few days before Xmas and some people may already be away, not able to afford it that close to the festive period etc. I imagine we will still shift whatever the allocation is though but may well get down to the lowest points tier before it sells out.
Personally, i think it will sell out very quickly unless Charlton somehow give us more tickets or charge us extortionate prices. Bear in mind our fans love a London game and if we can take 7000 to the last round then surely 3000 will not be enough to satisfy demand?

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Hello lads and lasses. Sadly we do not have a good owner and the club is stagnating badly. Our owner is a Danish/American egomaniac who said we’d be playing European football in five years then embarked on a drastic cost cutting exercise. We’ve got a few good players and a good manager, but another season in league one seems inevitable, with no prospect of anything better to follow.
The earlier prediction of a 20,000 plus crowd is extremely unlikely given the apathy that has descended on the fan base after years of frustration. 10-12 seems more realistic, including 3000 Brighton.
All the best fella,apart from when you play us obviously
Had some classic encounters over the years
Enjoyed your comeback against Ipswich 👍

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Is the ground and training ground still owned by the last Belgian owner

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was ‘we want Roland out’ last time I was there…..who do we want out this time ?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Is there not the facility to give more than 3,000 to the away support at the Valley if you don't think the home fans will turn up in number? especially if you need the money.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
You need a demo when you play us. Balls and balloons!! Great day supporting your fans on the demo to get rid of Roland the Rat. And now you've got another crap owner? Sheesh. Feel for you. Always had an affection for Charlton.

I'm sure we could rustle up more than 3K if you give us more tickets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Would your club not be willing to give us more tickets to get some extra cash in the bank?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
And I remember seeing Malcom Poskett score a hat trick there in the late 70’s !
Yes I saw that one but also saw us lose 4-3 there in a thriller , with the lead changing hands several times, and Hales and Flanagan causing us all sorts of problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here