Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

Lawros Lip

Sep 16, 2020
Anyone know what the club are advising if tickets don’t show up? Anyone phoned to hear what they are saying other than ‘tickets are in the post, two more deliveries to go’?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone know what the club are advising if tickets don’t show up? Anyone phoned to hear what they are saying other than ‘tickets are in the post, two more deliveries to go’?
I was told to call tomorrow, and they’ll arrange duplicates to be at Charlton For collection.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

From website ... https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2984218/tickets-not-available-on-the-day-at-charlton/

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 13.06.18.jpeg

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Surely if you've purchased your ticket online via the club you would have a receipt of the sale stating all the details needed apart from your seat number on the bill of sale,common sense would dictate that Charlton would let in all those without tickets but proof of purchase then we sit where we want scenario kicks in, can't see that being a problem as long as the disabled area is a no go zone for anyone who isn't disabled and move if someone turns up with a ticket for that seat.

I know, far too simple to work,and god forbid someone drops a paper cup whilst sitting in the wrong seat but in these extraordinary circumstances it just seems a good way to make sure everyone that purchased a ticket gets what they've paid for, it's nobody's fault it's just shit happening.

Email confirmation DOES have seat number on it ... so this can't be used as an excuse for those that want to sit where they want!

Won't work anyway! As stated by others, emails can be passed around etc.

I'm sure many/most will receive their tickets on time and those that don't will need to collect. I have't got mine yet but two deliveries to go!

Lawros Lip

Sep 16, 2020
I was told to call tomorrow, and they’ll arrange duplicates to be at Charlton For collection.
I suppose they can’t suggest anything else. Hope tickets turn up tomorrow as I suspect the queue for duplicate tickets might be quite long and involve getting to the ground early.👍

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Not sure if been mentioning on here yet but spoke to someone in the postal service this morning and he has been told that the tickets have not even arrived to Worthing yet let alone the surroundings outlets . Also been told there is so much backlog that they are only concentrating on he parcels
That stacks up farther afield. A RM transit pulled up outside my gaff a few minutes ago and pissed of again soon thereafter having delivered parcels only.

ARSE.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
The club have advised 2 different things, which doesn't help.

The email ticket receipt states if tickets don't arrive to call Supporter Services no later than 4pm on the day prior to matchday.

On the ticket news section of club website we are asked to please leave it until the day of match or last possible date of delivery before contacting SS.

I suspect they forsee problems like ourselves, one being that surely if you do contact them for duplicates then original postal tickets would have to be cancelled?..causing another dilemna of whether to wait until Wednesday.. and risk being told you're too late!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The club have advised 2 different things, which doesn't help.

The email ticket receipt states if tickets don't arrive to call Supporter Services no later than 4pm on the day prior to matchday.

On the ticket news section of club website we are asked to please leave it until the day of match or last possible date of delivery before contacting SS.

I suspect they forsee problems like ourselves, one being that surely if you do contact them for duplicates then original postal tickets would have to be cancelled?..causing another dilemna of whether to wait until Wednesday.. and risk being told you're too late!!
Ordered mine on the first day, being in T1 and still not received them.

Am in exactly the same quandary. Unfortunately all the faffing about waiting for dates so they could go on sale means it's likely many will need dupes. Gonna leave early on Wednesday!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Email confirmation DOES have seat number on it ... so this can't be used as an excuse for those that want to sit where they want!

Won't work anyway! As stated by others, emails can be passed around etc.

I'm sure many/most will receive their tickets on time and those that don't will need to collect. I have't got mine yet but two deliveries to go!
Unfortunately I don't share your confidence of two deliveries to go. Still waiting for mine having ordered on Day 1, but today no postman seen in the road, so no delivery for anyone not just no post for me. This may well happen again tomorrow, or I could get about ten items through the letterbox.

If only away tickets were etickets none of this having to ring the ticket office then queue for who knows how long at Charlton would not be an issue.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Ordered mine on the first day, being in T1 and still not received them.

Am in exactly the same quandary. Unfortunately all the faffing about waiting for dates so they could go on sale means it's likely many will need dupes. Gonna leave early on Wednesday!
👍🏻have just had it confirmed we would need to contact SS tomorrow (Tuesday) and that postal tickets will then be cancelled as new ones requested by club.
Have also asked them to update website with this info as misleading.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
👍🏻have just had it confirmed we would need to contact SS tomorrow (Tuesday) and that postal tickets will then be cancelled as new ones requested by club.
Have also asked them to update website with this info as misleading.
So if you call up tomorrow and they send a duplicate to Charlton, I presumable a ticket that arrives Wednesday can still be used or will you need to queue up?

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
So if you call up tomorrow and they send a duplicate to Charlton, I presumable a ticket that arrives Wednesday can still be used or will you need to queue up?
No.. the postal ticket will be cancelled is what I've just been told by SS. But you DO need to call tomorrow. Hence the dilemna I was pointing out above.

So only one more postal day.

Unless of course they change their minds again or someone else gives different info! Ticket news on Web page should be updated as such.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Unfortunately I don't share your confidence of two deliveries to go. Still waiting for mine having ordered on Day 1, but today no postman seen in the road, so no delivery for anyone not just no post for me. This may well happen again tomorrow, or I could get about ten items through the letterbox.

If only away tickets were etickets none of this having to ring the ticket office then queue for who knows how long at Charlton would not be an issue.
Yep, totally agree and my optimism is probably more hope than anything.

E-tickets would be so much simpler as you say ... there has to be a better way, surely ...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cheers @armchairclubber

Going to be one of those Christmases I think. Have sent gifts by Evri instead of Royal Mail, booze I ordered on Amazon needs to be delivered by RM, despite getting an email today saying it was being delivered it's not been. Hardly had any Xmas cards (that might just be me of course :lolol: ) but ones we sent to relatives also not received. And no football tickets.

Thanks, posties.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, they said don't call until match day

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Cheers @armchairclubber

Going to be one of those Christmases I think. Have sent gifts by Evri instead of Royal Mail, booze I ordered on Amazon needs to be delivered by RM, despite getting an email today saying it was being delivered it's not been. Hardly had any Xmas cards (that might just be me of course :lolol: ) but ones we sent to relatives also not received. And no football tickets.

Thanks, posties.
On the plus side, perfect excuse not to bother sending any Christmas cards.
"Oh, did you not get it? That's a shame, must be lost in the post with all the strikes. It was a really nice card as well, I chose it specially because I know you like dogs".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wouldn’t think they’d send duplicates to Charlton, its Charlton that’ll have them anyway…..they’ll just send a list of people needing them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here