Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We haven't yet sold out the Southampton game... and that went to anyone with a purchase history.
Southampton (yet again, snore) with no public transport probably isn't quite as appealing as Charlton (for the first time in a while) after a day on the piss by train 🤷‍♂️

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We haven't yet sold out the Southampton game... and that went to anyone with a purchase history.
That's on a train-free Boxing Day - was always going to be a hard sell. We could only half-fill the Amex on Boxing Day last year.

Re TV, Sky have the UK rights and are only showing two games per round, plus the semis and the final. I suspect the overseas broadcasters are only taking the Sky feed :shrug:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yet we took 6,500 to Arse in previous round. Expect Charlton more of a pull than boring old Stains.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Sky website has us down for a 7.45 k/o on the Tuesday. Don't know if this has always been the case and is subject to change though

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's on a train-free Boxing Day - was always going to be a hard sell. We could only half-fill the Amex on Boxing Day last year.

Re TV, Sky have the UK rights and are only showing two games per round, plus the semis and the final. I suspect the overseas broadcasters are only taking the Sky feed :shrug:
They're not.

I'd have to dig back through to the thread on the Arsenal game, but ESPN+ in the US televised 5 or 6 live games over the three nights of the last round.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
These games were shown overseas from the last round in addition to those on Sky:

Tuesday​

AFC Bournemouth v Everton
Leicester City v Newport County

Wednesday​

Nottingham Forest v Tottenham Hotspur
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds United
Liverpool v Derby County (20:00)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps the club's can't agree on the ticket price ?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Well, according to the EFL Cup website: https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

“21.2.1 the request for tickets shall be made within three days of the draw, with the exception of the first round where such request should be made no later than 14 days before the date of the match”

So you’d assume this delay can’t be for ticket allocations as surely that would have been made by now?

The absolute minimum we’d get is 10% capacity of the Valley, which is 2,710 tickets. The away end holds around 3,000 as others said so I can’t see why Charlton won’t let the Albion fans pack in and sell it out. Might even get a few new ‘home fans’ appear if there’s no actual home demand.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I did tweet the club account requesting an update this morning, but I guess admin could be on a few days leave as well.
The club (s) are leaving this information a bit late considering fans will be making plans for Christmas parties, nativity plays, festivals & markets, etc.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Arsenal game wasn't broadcast anywhere - no streams. Very surprising given it was 1st v 6th in the Premier League!
But who were 6th…. Not a top 6 side.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I did tweet the club account requesting an update this morning, but I guess admin could be on a few days leave as well.
The club (s) are leaving this information a bit late considering fans will be making plans for Christmas parties, nativity plays, festivals & markets, etc.
So is the only possible reason for the delay due to negotiation about the quantity and/or pricing of tickets or is there something else?
On that issue i have no idea how much say an away club has on either of those issues and if negotiations can and do take place on a regular basis or not.
Hoping one of the great and good on NSC can cast some light on this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So is the only possible reason for the delay due to negotiation about the quantity and/or pricing of tickets or is there something else?
On that issue i have no idea how much say an away club has on either of those issues and if negotiations can and do take place on a regular basis or not.
Hoping one of the great and good on NSC can cast some light on this.
Pretty much this from what I understand - negotiations between the two clubs still ongoing.

I suspect the game will be played on the Wednesday.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Please delete, wrong thread.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Pretty much this from what I understand - negotiations between the two clubs still ongoing.

I suspect the game will be played on the Wednesday.
Thanks Bozza ...................................now i am intrigued to know what the discussions are about!
Are we going to get more than 3000, are we going to have to pay an arm and a leg, or a combination of both. Oh the drama!!!!!!!!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ridiculous really. But only 5 of the 8 games have a confirmed time so at least we’re not the only fans left in the dark.

I don’t understand how a date announcing details can not be be published by now. I assume Charlton and Brighton have a vague idea when a decision will be made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here