Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

car window motor

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
the window motor on the drivers side of my car is buggered - is it possible to take it into a place like kwik-fit and get it repaired?

thanks.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would personally avoid kwit fit like the plague, you must have a local independent car mechanic somebody could recommend.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The electric window on my old car was a right pain in the arse. The rubber sealant lining came loose at the bottom of the window, so every time I pressed the button to lower the window, it made a groaning noise and dragged the rubber down with it, slowing it down horrendously. If it was wet, I'd have to physically push the window down whilst holding the button as well.

Never did get that sorted. Oh well, its scrap now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mine went just as I left for Glastonbury. Window was wide open. Took a couple of hours to fix but it had to be a recognised VW garage.

Kwik-Fit? Are you mad? I wouldn't let them work on a wheelbarrow, let alone a car.

Find a decent, competent independent and they'll do it-no need for a main dealer: for anything.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
take it to be local garage, i doesnt have to be an main dealer, i have sorted out loads of electirc windows and i work in a small garage

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
take it to be local garage, i doesnt have to be an main dealer, i have sorted out loads of electirc windows and i work in a small garage

do it yourself.

the door liner is held on with a couple of screws and plastic push plugs(they all are). the lock stays on the door,it's rivited or screwed on(they all are).

find out what the fault is,is it mechanical or electrical? is it the switch?

all you need is a trip to your nearest breaker for bits a drill and a pop rivet gun

save yourself a fortune and have the satisfaction of a job well done

nelshaun

Jun 8, 2011
window motor

If this is still your problem as of this moment, you encounter this again, or about to encounter such a problem. I recommend you racepages.com car window motor.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not usually no, it normally has to be the main dealer. It was when I had my Passat put it that way...

It only has to be a main dealer if the car is still in the warranty period otherwise any good mechanic could do it. Besides, is the op certain it is the motor and not just a fuse? Could also be the switch on the window locks if you have one. We had a grand vitara and on the drivers door armrest was a rocker switch that locked all the windows.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
The window on the drivers side has packed in my car, sounded a bit dodgy a week or so after I got it, ignored it as I could still use it, but last week I had the window down and couldn't get it back up, took it around a local garage who told me it needed a new window regulator, pretty straightforward, an afternoons (not even that) work, but the part itself was just under £100!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here