Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car Radio,what do you tune in too?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Talksport pisses me off.Suppose to be a show about football and 92 clubs.All you ever here about is Chelsea,Man U,Arsenal and Liverpool.That pratt who supports Everton shouldn't even be a punit on there.Knows f*** all and talks shit.I would rather an ex manager or something that actually knows about all clubs etc.I listen for half an hour then turn over.The Gaunty show is tops though

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't have a car, but I religiously wake up to John Simpson in the morning.

(don't tell his wife)

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Radio 1 in the morning to make me laugh on the way to work, whilst dipping in to Southern FM for traffic updates.

SCR for Brighton matches (obviously) and very occasionally a bit of Radio 4 if I'm on a long journey and want to listen to one of those wierd plays or debates about some bizarre topic.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
algie said:
Talksport pisses me off.Suppose to be a show about football and 92 clubs.All you ever here about is Chelsea,Man U,Arsenal and Liverpool.That pratt who supports Everton shouldn't even be a punit on there.Knows f*** all and talks shit.I would rather an ex manager or something that actually knows about all clubs etc.I listen for half an hour then turn over.The Gaunty show is tops though

I am a big TalkSport fan but must agree with your points there. I think Mike Parry (everton fan) is there for comedy value and also to wind people up so much that they ring in and have a go at him.
As far as only talking about the big 4 goes, I agree with you, but how many people would listen if they only talked about Rochdale, Darlington & Barnet? It's all about listening figures I'm afraid. I would love em to have a programme just once a week where they spent an hour or so talking in depth about League 1 & 2.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
chez said:
I am a big TalkSport fan but must agree with your points there. I think Mike Parry (everton fan) is there for comedy value and also to wind people up so much that they ring in and have a go at him.
As far as only talking about the big 4 goes, I agree with you, but how many people would listen if they only talked about Rochdale, Darlington & Barnet? It's all about listening figures I'm afraid. I would love em to have a programme just once a week where they spent an hour or so talking in depth about League 1 & 2.

They should an hour a day for all clubs that are not in the prem.I like to hear about the smaller clubs and what goes on.I'm sure an hour is not to much to ask.I know what you mean about Parry.Much rather listen to the Moose them him myself

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
I don't have a car but when I'm in one I usually listen to Radio 1 - but only if Sara Cox is not on, which raises the question: would you rather listen to Sara Cox or Southern FM?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
clapham_gull said:
Don't have a car, but I religiously wake up to John Simpson in the morning.

(don't tell his wife)

Don't have a car and yet support huge tax rises for 4x4's.Tipical from a non driver:jester:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Either R1 or R5 if it there is any live footy on air.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
algie said:
Don't have a car and yet support huge tax rises for 4x4's.Tipical from a non driver:jester:

I support lower petrol prices and taxes for people who genuinely need a car (for example) in the country.

In Richmond ? You're having a laugh.

Is Talksport run by "the Jews" ?, like the rest of the media ? :jester:

:wave: :wave:

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
A radio station run by Rev Ian Paisley, that is quite a frightening prospect.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Used to listen to Virgin, but after Pete and Geoff split up I've been sort of wandering the morning channels....Listened to Phil Jupitus for a while but the music often goes a bit "off with the pixies" for the morning, so sometimes Southern, but mostly BBCR2 - although I turn off when Jeremy Vine does the lunch time wind up the Daily Mail readers chat show...

Chris Evans on R2 is a brilliant way to wind down the day - although he's on hols at the moment I think still...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
SCR matchdays.
Virgin in car.
Radio London at work.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Listen to Christian O'Connell on Virgin in the mornings and talk sport in the evenings if I listen tot he radio otherwise I just have my ipod on shuffle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here