Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car parking at the AMEX?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Following the other thread about a small car park in Wild Park, dors anyone know what the plan is for the various possible car parks?

The club have put in planning to have spaces at Falmer school I believe. Also there are 400+ spaces for 1901 members somewhere. And what about the car parks at Sussex Uni, Brighton Uni and Stanmer Park. Are they going to be used and if so how?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sorry 650, see attached.

Interesting. So they have taken note on the disabled spaces then perhaps? Do you think the others are for 1901 or are they going to be generally available?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
They must be 1901 spaces. I can't see this being open parking, it would be absolutely manic. Mill road, or the Racecourse (If the get permission) for me. Racecourse is 10 - 15 min drive for me from Peacehaven. I really hope they get this.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone know about other parking? Are the Universities being used?

Spectator parking will be at Sussex University and (temporarily) Bennett's Field and Southern Water. Ultimately the plan seems to be to return Bennett's Field and Southern Water to their owners and use spaces at the Falmer Academy (which are not currently available to the Club). Martin Perry has described the parking as "expensive" for users. On top of these locations, there are the Park & Ride sites.

Quite a lot of the available Sussex University parking will be a fair trek from the stadium (15-20 minutes).

Spectator parking will be at Sussex University and (temporarily) Bennett's Field and Southern Water. Ultimately the plan seems to be to return Bennett's Field and Southern Water to their owners and use spaces at the Falmer Academy (which are not currently available to the Club). Martin Perry has described the parking as "expensive" for users. On top of these locations, there are the Park & Ride sites.

Quite a lot of the available Sussex University parking will be a fair trek from the stadium (15-20 minutes).

The planning application to Lewes DC for the use of Bennetts Field specifies that these "tempoary" parking spaces will be for the use of supporters who have pre-purchased hospitality packages - ie you can't just turn up and park. There is no evidence in the application that further parking will ever be available at Falmer Academy (unless I've missed it), just a statement of intent.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The planning application to Lewes DC for the use of Bennetts Field specifies that these "tempoary" parking spaces will be for the use of supporters who have pre-purchased hospitality packages - ie you can't just turn up and park. There is no evidence in the application that further parking will ever be available at Falmer Academy (unless I've missed it), just a statement of intent.

So they are definitely 1901 and disabled spaces then.

Is the temporary tag just a way for them to get the application through?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It wouldn't be suprising if temporary turned to permanent, especially if Amex is full week in week out, and the club make an application for another 7,500 seats before before the New Year.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It wouldn't be suprising if temporary turned to permanent, especially if Amex is full week in week out, and the club make an application for another 7,500 seats before before the New Year.

I guess thats what I was wondering. Suspect they have to prove it doesn't cause traffic chaos first?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If transport turns out to be a complete nightmare then it would be very unlikely that any application would be supported, especially not with the Greens having a major share of the Council seats.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If transport turns out to be a complete nightmare then it would be very unlikely that any application would be supported, especially not with the Greens having a major share of the Council seats.

A good reason to stop voting Green then, for those that do!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I've heard that the farm shop opposite isn't going to open on match days but the owners are going to run a small car park there on match days instead.

Dunno what space they have or how many cars they would be looking to park there but wouldn't imagine it would be too many

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here