Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car collision compensation

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Wankers. Tell you what, my services are on a NO WIN, NO FEE bases, but If I do Win how does 80% to me 20% to you sound in compensation?

Don't get suckered in to it. 4 figure sum sounds good, but what is this 4 figure sum? You will probably get £1000, then do you not have to pay tax on this?

Does this take in to account the extra stress you will get filling in forms, will this take in to the account the amount of time it is going to take?

Drop it, it's done and dusted mate. This legal crap goes on for years. I'm sorry but these firms are pure scum.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You might want to check if these solicitors were appointed by your insurers. Insurers sometimes have fixed cost agreements with a firm of solicitors to pursue a recovery of their outlay (not sure if your insurers paid for the repairs). The amount the solicitors earn if very little but they make their money from any injury claim. They know the claim is recoverable from a third party so they just have to get you to say you have an injury. Either their fees are paid out of the compensation or they get you to take out ATE (after the event insurance for their fees). Premium for this is very low and you get it back from the third party. This covers their fees in the event the TP fails to pay.

It is, in the end, one big con that everybody else funds throught higher premiums, just like we do for all the uninsured drivers on the road.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I had exactly the same recenntly. I'm not up for screwing people over. Report them.. because I didn't and should have.

Do it!

Marvellous, you say it happened recently to you. They why are you not now reporting it. Unlikely much will happen but it will be recorded and if others complain against the same firm then more likely action will be taken. Love the idea that you think someone else should do something you are not prepared to do yourself.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Credit crunch & all that, get what you can. Whiplash is a minimum £2,000 pay out, go for it. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here