Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car collision compensation

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Can anyone advise on the following:

Last July, a woman reversed out of her drive as I was driving along her road.

I braked and swerved but she went in to the side of me (was doing about 20mph on impact) My car was written off but I still got it repaired.

I thought everything was sorted but I've just had a call from a compensation company. They said I'm entitled to a 4-figure sum if tell them the following:

the accident gave me neck / shoulder injuries for 3-4 months after
I didn't go to the docs because I felt they could't do anything so I just took paracetamal

None of the above is true and I didn't suffer any pain but was told this didn't matter.

Is this normal and what have other people done in this situation?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I blame Adams.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would report them to the Solicitor Regulation Authority - how would you like it if somebody claimed something untrue in order to sue you?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Assuming you've had full repayment for the car I'd blow the whistle. Incidents like this are what bump up insurance premiums for all of us.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The other thing is somebody is ignoring the data protection act, presumably the insurance companies, for making details of claims available - or are these firms actually offshoots of insurance companies.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I bet that phone call wasn't on a recorded line eh! Crock of shit, i fuckin hate Ambulance Chasers! If you have a means of recording the call i recommend calling the fuckers back to confirm what they say and sending the tape to some sort of regulator

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I smell a rather large rodent here, what they are in effect asking you to do is commit purjory...which can be an improsonable offence in extreme cases. I am sure there is a regulator for the insurance industry, my suggestion would be to call them, I am sure they will be interested in the matter.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I bet that phone call wasn't on a recorded line eh! Crock of shit, i fuckin hate Ambulance Chasers! If you have a means of recording the call i recommend calling the fuckers back to confirm what they say and sending the tape to some sort of regulator

They've passed my details on to a solicators who are going to be calling me back this evening so I can give them the spiel about what is happening

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I work for an insurance company and I deal with injury claims against us. Every injury claim made is registered on a database called CUE which all Insurers have access to.

Fraudulent claims are a big reason why EVERYONES car insurance premiums are going up. All insurers are aware of the more dodgy compensation companies, are aware of their tactics and treat their claims accordingly.

If you genuinely had an injury, you would be better off going directly to the other drivers insurer.

If you want any advice on how to do this, feel free to PM me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A mate of mine (who is a cabbie) has had 2 or 3 successful compensation claims for a few grand each, after he's been SHUNTED from behind. Just feign whiplash, go to the doctors for a few weeks complaining a stiff neck, unable to turn the head from side to side, losing sleep etc etc, a bit of paperwork and a doctors note later and its £££.

Paid off a few cards like that he has.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I work for an insurance company and I deal with injury claims against us. Every injury claim made is registered on a database called CUE which all Insurers have access to.

As I said above, where does the info come from so the ambulance chasers know who to contact, it can only be from insurance companies surely.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
As I said above, where does the info come from so the ambulance chasers know who to contact, it can only be from insurance companies surely.
Very unlikely to be the insurance company as they could be on the back end of somebody else doing it to them or could even insure both parties. Could be from the garage that repaired the vehicle (a lot get a referral fee for giving your name to the 'ambulance chasers', I know as I used to work for a garage) or from the broker if you reported the accident via them.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Very unlikely to be the insurance company as they could be on the back end of somebody else doing it to them or could even insure both parties. Could be from the garage that repaired the vehicle (a lot get a referral fee for giving your name to the 'ambulance chasers', I know as I used to work for a garage) or from the broker if you reported the accident via them.

In that case the insurance companies just need to blacklist garages who give details away, after all the insurance company tells you where you have to go to get the repair done, they would then lose a lot more than they gain, same with brokers.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
This is SO dodgy I'd almost think it was a double-bluff by the other insurance firm attempting to get you to commit insurance fraud... definitely shop them.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Take em down, its scum like this that has tied us all up in risk assesments and Health and safety. They are casting a shadow on the British way of life. Down Down Down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here