• Dodd

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Who would you select as the captain? Dodd or Oatway? I would much prefer Dodd as he is a good leader on the pitch and seems to bring something more to the team than Oatway. On the other side Oatway has been a fantastic club servant.

Discuss.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Oatway.

Dont see how it is fair to appoint a player who has only played one league game as captain.

When Oatway isnt playing id make Butters captain.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Charlie brings so much more to the team than just his experience on the pitch. He is also the main 'character' in the dressing room and plays a big part in the great team spirit the squad has.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
I see Oatway as having a role like Rodgers did when he was injured. Non-playing Club Captain

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our best central midfield pairing is Carpenter and Hammond. So where does that leave Oatway as a starter?

Your captain must be an automatic first choice as well as a leader. You might get away with the Rogers situation in the lower leagues but not in the Championship.

I'd go with Dodd - he's going to play in every game provided he stays fit, he's got the experience, he's positive and I'm sure the players will look up to someone like him.

Ok, so he's just arrived - so what?

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Easy 10 said:
Butters would get my vote.

ditto.
i think making oatway captain was an error - it means he's always going to start when i would prefer to see chippy and hammond in the middle.
always think captain should be a centre half anyway - can see the game much better.

Voroshilov said:
I hope LI doesn't see this thread. There'll be tears before bedtime, mark my words.

Hardly, Charlie is pissing this poll. A lot of people have changed their minds about him, it's called reality bites. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We played well on Saturday and didn't lose, surely some of that is down to Oatway being captain, I am sure the players respect him and he has been at the club for years. Agree that Guy should be captain in his absence, as for Dodd, don't disagree with his credentials but think that he should earn his right to lead the team out and certainly not consider it a divine right because he has played at the top level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here