• Rooney

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We'll have to fundementally disagree here then. You have a completely different set of priorities to me when it comes to how Capello uses those friendlies next year.
I think they should be treated seriously (and I know they will with Capello) and as a chance to build a team that works, but the Switzerland game is the least of them, and 50-60 minutes of it to tie up a loose end is not going to bring our World Cup campaign crashing down around our ears.

And right now my choice would be Bentley, quite skilful and easily the best crosser of the three.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
One friendly - against Switzerland - won't matter jot, so Beckham can easily get his 100th cap, especially if it's just 45 minutes.

Any media circus that accompanies it won't affect Capello one way or the other, he'll still be quite capable of judging what's going on.

Getting back on topic though, giving the armband to anyone suggests a guaranteed place in the side - and there's no-one I'd like to give that too. The most convincing argument above for me though, is that for Barry.
I'm not convinced about Barry. He's a decent player and I'd have him in my squad every time, but CAPTAIN? All he had were a few decent games against weak sides at Wembley. I know with Lampard and Gerrard we have been starved of decent midfield play but are we so amazed at a player who can win the ball and give it simply to a teammate, and maintain a position for 90 minutes, that we make him our leader? He was poor in Russia...

I really don't see it, and I still think Carrick is worth a go.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think they should be treated seriously (and I know they will with Capello) and as a chance to build a team that works, but the Switzerland game is the least of them, and 50-60 minutes of it to tie up a loose end is not going to bring our World Cup campaign crashing down around our ears.
Start as you mean to go on. Out with the old, in with the new. Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today. A stitch in time saves nine. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Never eat yellow snow.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I reckon Hargreaves would make a good caption. God help us if Ferdinand gets anywhere near the job

A lot of pro Hargreaves and I can see why, but whilet most of us were angry and stunned after the Croatia game, Mr Hargreaves was out on the lash having a great laugh in Covent Garden, apparently oblivious to the nights events. That has put me off him.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hargreaves 9? Not sure he's ever opened his mouth.

Gerrard 12 votes? Wonderful, let's give captaincy to a player who cares about club not country, and has done bugger all for years.

If not Terry, then Ferdinand for me - a strong, committed leader who's not done wrong on the field for England.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Gerrard.

He should have been picked over Terry in the first place IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here