Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cappello Offered England Job - Corrierre Dello Sport

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a hard decision for the FA.

They know the fans would love an English manager and they know that Allardyce / Pearce / Curbishley would be cheap.

O'Neill would be a compromise - a bit more expensive but British. Again, a bit of a gamble.

Hiddink and Capello are quality managers, but then Sven's CV was impeccable before he took over.

It's all about getting the best out of the players we've got, and I think O'Neill is the best man for the job.

E

enigma

Yep, wop is an italian and dago is a spanish person. Thought EVERYONE knew that :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
enigma said:
Yep, wop is an italian and dago is a spanish person. Thought EVERYONE knew that :rolleyes:

No a dago is a South American, A Spaniard is a spick :rolleyes:

E

enigma

Pavilionaire said:
It's a hard decision for the FA.

Hiddink and Capello are quality managers, but then Sven's CV was impeccable before he took over.

It's all about getting the best out of the players we've got, and I think O'Neill is the best man for the job.

If you think Martin O'Neill is better for the job than Hiddink and Capello, you're sadly mistaken. Those guys track records smash Svens in half, let alone O'Neill.

O'Neill did a good job at Leicester but no better than Allardyce at Bolton. And while he aint as much of a long ball merchant, his teams hardly play beautiful football.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now I'm confused. How am I supposed to racially abuse someone properly if I don't even know the difference between a wop, a dago and a spick ?
Suppose I'll just have to HIT them. Tch.

Last edited:

3gulls said:
Wrong! England Managers should be English. And CofE at that! :salute:
Martin O'Neil it is then :jester:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
sullyupthewing said:
It would not surpise me if he got the job, prefer an Englishman though, is that racist maybe but who cares.

:yawn: change the record you boring kunt

enigma said:
Best manager in the world

Yep, isn't he regarded as the best tactical brain Serie A has produced. He is the best choice to coach the England players out of the bad habits instilled by the Premiership kick and rush.

I think there is an outside chance he might go for it, he has always stated that he wants to coach a foreign national team, not Italy.

Shame, but I don't think he means Ireland somehow :( :jester:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Yep, isn't he regarded as the best tactical brain Serie A has produced. He is the best choice to coach the England players out of the bad habits instilled by the Premiership kick and rush.

Isn't that the line used when our current manager got the job?

Icy Gull said:
Isn't that the line used when our current manager got the job?
Without checking, I would guess Capello's record is superior to Eriksson's but I'll bow to the Serie A buffs on here to correct me.

Last edited:

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i heard this on talk sport, but apparently the FA have issued a statement stating that no individual has been contacted about the job

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Of all the names offered up as future England manager I would have to say my favourite is Martin O'Neill, that would be an excellent choice, only problem is if he can be pursuaded to do the job. I understand that he quit Celtic to nurse his gravely ill wife, perhaps an international job would be just the ticket for him, assuming her condition has improved in the interim.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Silent Bob said:
It would not surprise me if he had been offered it, I'd be surprised if he took it.
I must admit, if i was offered 4.7 million a year, i would at least have to consider it...........:lolol: :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
I think not.

The other way round, if anything.

Before proving you wrong I did a quick check on google. Is it possible that google is wrong.....because it seems to agree with you. Don't u get bored with always being right? :D

sullyupthewing said:
Are you going to the game tomorrow.
If you want to ask him out on a date, you can always PM him you know. I'd improve your chat-up lines first though :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here