Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cappello criticises FA over Terry

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It's interesting to see how the Italian media are covering this story. The headline part of the story seems to be Capello's expectation that Juventus will win Serie A and that he is interested in managing an Italian club.

"Juve and Milan are the favorites for the championship. Juve have not only grit and determination, but also a great team spirit. Milan have more class, but without Ibrahimovic they might be missing something. So I say that Juve are the favourites".

"As for Roma? Roma can be trusted. When there is a new project there are risks, but with work and with improvements they can take off. The Giallorossi, however, still have defensive problems. Will I go to Roma? I know nothing, although I have a great relationship with Baldini. Inter? We talked, but they've done nothing and now there's nothing left".

It sounds to me like he'd be happy to be sacked by the FA.

I agree.It is a shame the F.A. didn't bite the expensive bullet and get rid after the World Cup shambles.He has always given me the impression that he has no real feelings for the job but is more than happy to take the ridiculous salary he is being paid.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The issue is a total fudge though, if Terry is a diversion, and would cause an issue with other members of the squad, then he should not be considered for the Euros at all.

The main shit-stirrers in this whole sordid affair IMO are Chelsea, who created the problem by asking for the court case to be delayed until the end of the season so as to maximise their chances in the CL and finishing in the top four this season.

I think Bernstein was in a difficult position here - I think he would LOVE to be able to TELL Capello not to take Terry to the euros. But he cant do that. Although now he's niot captain he is unlikely to be selected on merit unless capello does that to spite the FA.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can see Capello getting the sack today or very near future, i dont see him being manager at the Euros now

We can only hope !

My problem is that I find my thoughts clouded by the fact that Terry is a complete twat. He's a fairly average footballer with a nasty streak. He shouldn't even be in the England squad let alone the captain. That said - until he's proven guilty he shouldn't be punished.

Ideal situation would be for Terry not to get picked and for the Italian Idiot to be sacked.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Get rid of the Clueless Clown, i have been saying it for 2 years, the man is a footballing Dinosaur

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Why the bugger is this trial in July? Maybe there's a good reason but if it's so that it doesn't interfere with the Euros, the FA are irrelevant and clueless.

Sent from my little computer/phone thing using Tapatalk

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
They will wait for the Redknapp case to finish before sacking him....

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Why the bugger is this trial in July? Maybe there's a good reason but if it's so that it doesn't interfere with the Euros, the FA are irrelevant and clueless.

Sent from my little computer/phone thing using Tapatalk

I may be wrong, but as I understood it, it was Chelsea who petitioned for the delay for club reasons, not national reasons. Which does bring a question to my mind - what if the magistrate has scheduled the hearing during the Euros, presumable JT and any witnesses to be called would have had to appear in court as ordered.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The FA would not be able to 'sue' him. If they consider he is in breach of contract then their option would be to sack him. They would have to have a cast iron case otherwise Capello will just get some very expensive lawyers to ensure he gets the rest of his contract paid up. Personally, I would suggest that this is being blown out of all proportion by the media, possibly fuelled by a hidden agenda from the FA. I very much suspect that David Davies has the ear of the FA and is used as an unofficial conduit for their views. All the usual 'anti foreign manager' brigade are up in arms

I'd like to see the FA take some affirmative action and appoint a black/mixed race captain - step forward Ashley Cole :thumbsup:

I'd like us to stop even thinking about race with regards sports people, so no, appointing anyone with any mind to their skin colour is utter bollocks.

Terry is a dodgy and anti-talismanic character to be in the squad though - regardless of his onfield ability (which is also debateable).

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Can see Capello getting the sack today or very near future, i dont see him being manager at the Euros now

The FA CANNOT afford to sack him, hence why he is still in charge now. I happen to agree with Capello, the manager should make the decision, not some unelected FA committee.

If Bloom made a deicison like this with Poyet then I think Poyet would walk out. Capello knows he cant lose, but I think he has had enough of our clowns that run our game.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Its clear Cappello wants out. By opening his gob & rocking the boat, he's trying to engineer a situation where the FA will sack him.

The sack = nice fat payoff. If he walks of his own accord, breach of contract & no payout.

Unless of course, the two parties can work out a fudge whereas he goes quietly but with a reduced payoff?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This report on the BBC suggesting he may be in breach of contract. In that case, he would not need to be sacked. he'd be sued and would be out of a job without a payoff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16905818

I cannot see him being sacked for this.

I think he should shut his trap though. The FA are within their rights as his employer to advise him not to pick Terry.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The issue is a total fudge though, if Terry is a diversion, and would cause an issue with other members of the squad, then he should not be considered for the Euros at all.

The main shit-stirrers in this whole sordid affair IMO are Chelsea, who created the problem by asking for the court case to be delayed until the end of the season so as to maximise their chances in the CL and finishing in the top four this season.

Lot in what you say,would add thought i am in 'the innocent until proved' camp i fail to see what removing the armband is supped to achieve ? Surely he plays or he does'nt ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I may be wrong, but as I understood it, it was Chelsea who petitioned for the delay for club reasons, not national reasons. Which does bring a question to my mind - what if the magistrate has scheduled the hearing during the Euros, presumable JT and any witnesses to be called would have had to appear in court as ordered.

Very unlikely he would have it listed for a date unsuitable for the defendant as its not "in the interests of justice".

If a defendant doesn't turn up, and fails to give a good reason, then the prosecution will usually apply to have it heard in absence. In this case the defendant isn't able to rebut the allegation and would usually be found guilty.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Very unlikely he would have it listed for a date unsuitable for the defendant as its not "in the interests of justice".

If a defendant doesn't turn up, and fails to give a good reason, then the prosecution will usually apply to have it heard in absence. In this case the defendant isn't able to rebut the allegation and would usually be found guilty.

Wasn't a serius point, I didn't think it would happen, I was just musing on a possiblity.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Am I missing something here? he's gone after the Euro's so I don't understand the rubbish being posted above?

It seems inbuilt hatred for someone, innocent until proven guilty really grates with some people here.

I have that feeling that the FA are going to look rather silly when this is all over,especially if we get the normal reception from the eastern europeans for our coloured players ..........wonder where they will stand then? will they withdraw from the competition in support of those players
whether Terry is guilty or innocent is not the point,the point is our FA will they stand up for our English players when the shit hits the fan?????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here