Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Capital Punishment pt2 - Questionnaire

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The Complete Badger said:
Yes to everything, apart from burglary, stealing, and speeding.

It would have to be on the condition that it was a very painful death though.

Hung drawn quartered?

Yea like your thinking mate

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Rape Maybe, it will depend if first offence
Rape (Of Under 16) as above
Paedophilia as above again
Armed Robbery No
Stealing (shop) No
Burglary No
Treason Yes
Speeding No
Terrorism Yes
Commited by child under 16 Maybe
Single Murder Maybe dependant on circumstances
Mass Murder Maybe dependant on circumstances
Murder of under 16 Yes
Murder commited by child Maybe dependant on circumstances

Pro Capital punishment in certain circumstances but not in other

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
YES TO ALL :mad: :mad:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
No to all

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Are you PRO or ANTI capital punishment (for any circumstances)? PRO for certain crimes

Under what circumstances do you think Capital Punishment is acceptable? Yes No Maybe

Rape NO
Rape (of child under 16) MAYBE
Paedophilia NO
Armed Robbery MAYBE (IF GUN FIRED)
Stealing (from shop) NO
Burglary (from house) NO
Treason against the country YES
Speeding NO
Terrorism YES
If the crime was committed by a child (under 16) in any circumstances NO

Single Murder (only one killed) YES (IF PREMEDITATED)
Mass Murder (more than one murder) YES
Murder of a child (Under 16) YES
If the murder is committed by a child (Under 16) NO

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yes to any premeditated murder, It's time to clear our jails of some of the low life murdering scum who did'nt give they're victims the right to life like they have!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
¡Cereal Killer! said:
Thank you for all the answers in my previous poll about Capital Punishment, much appreciated :)

For my second part of my Humanities coursework, I need to do a questionaire.

Please only answer either Yes, No or Maybe to the following questions

I would rather not have this turn into a debate so I can find the answers easier and get the work done quicker. thank you :)

Code:
Are you PRO or ANTI capital punishment (for any circumstances)? 

Under what circumstances do you think Capital Punishment is acceptable?    Yes	        No	         Maybe
Rape			No
Rape (of child under 16)		No	
Paedophilia			No
Armed Robbery			No
Stealing (from shop)		No	
Burglary (from house)			No
Treason against the country		Maybe
Speeding		No	
Terrorism			Maybe
If the crime was committed by a child (under 16) in any circumstances			No

Single Murder (only one killed)			Yes
Mass Murder (more than one murder)	       Yes		
Murder of a child (Under 16)		Yes	
If the murder is committed by a child (Under 16)	No

Thank You :clap:

edit: new question added.

Are you pro or anti Capital Punishment (for any circumstances)?Anti for blanket/any circumstances, Pro for certain ones.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No to all.

Except for people who say hung when they mean hanged.

Meat and pictures are hung. People are hanged until dead - then they're hung.

*flounce*

If anyone messed with a family member of mine, then the laws and judgements of the country would very-likely get ignored if I got a hold on the perpetrator first.

Cruelty to animals is another repugnant offense worth considering in the thread list, but I wouldn't advocate death pen on anyone otherwise.

I think I'd go after OJ simpson if I were a member of his victim's family - but only because the law failed to incarcerate him when he is obviously as guilty as sin.

Bad Ash said:
For those of you who are anti what would you think if a serial rapist/murder with a life sentance (well perhaps a 100 life sentance so it'd actually mean they should never get out) escaped from prison then comes across your family and has his way with them?

Sure it's very unlikely, but I wonder if you'd still feel the same way since capital punishment would prevented it.

A bit like Sterfan Kisko you mean?

Even in the New Testamant is written "do unto others as you would have them do to you" - but yet it also advocates forgiveness. An eye for an eye is another biblical basis for judgement of a crime.

If someone murders, then in new-testamant terms they should expect to be murdered, to have it 'done unto them'. A rapist, once jailed might also get raped in turn, so justice may well be done.
A child rapist is also bullying, and intimidating - and I understand that mostly, they get intimidated by the inmates into as much fear, and the hell they have committed their victim to is justified in its' return to them.

Do we consider judgement as a part of death, or is death merely a release - from a judgement that could be carried out in life? A life of punishment, in return for taking someone else's life, must be right when meted out by society.

That Soham murderer (scum) who took two little girls' lives, for instance; we hope, and rely on something beyond the jail walls, to be punishing him. Maybe it's a daily expression through the hatred from others, phlegm in his food, body-functions in his tea, disdain from all around him, daily judgements and threats to spoil his each and every day, demeaning, sickening, making him prefer to escape it - one way or another. He might wish he could swap places with those little girls. Is that more 'justice' than euthenising him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here