Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can't Bloody Wait For The World Cup

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can't wait, managed to get 23-1 on England for the world cup when they played shit during the ashes.
After their last three one day performances who knows????

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Chappers, thats sensible money on the plucky Sri Lunkans (Tony Greig voice). After all, Chaminda Vaas, is very fast ! (I love the 12th man!).

I would dampen down the expectation on this young West indian. Have you ever seen the West Indian equivalent of County Cricket? Its pretty poor. I watched some of the 20:20 competition and it was a dreadful standard.

Oct 25, 2003
it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today it's today

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Grauniad suggests following RANA NAVED to be the tournaments top wicket taker...

2) Rana Naved-ul-Hasan to be the tournament's top wicket-taker (50-1) each-way.

His form is poor (20-0-192-1 in the recent series in South Africa), and he might not even play, but if he does he becomes the value bet of the tournament. Since Rana Naved became a regular in Pakistan's one-day side, on the eve of the 2004 Champions Trophy, he is the second-highest wicket-taker in the world behind the absent Brett Lee. Recent research also shows that he is the game's most penetrative death bowler , when wickets fly around like confetti.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Read in the paper today that an Indian fan is trying to sell one of his kidneys to pay for a trip to the World Cup :ohmy:

All my bets are on Sri Lanka; to win, to reach the final, top batsman (Tharanga) and wicket-taker (Murali). Bring it ON! :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
His form is poor (20-0-192-1 in the recent series in South Africa), and he might not even play, but if he does he becomes the value bet of the tournament

Thats one of the worst tips I have heard in ages. :dunce:

By the way, THPP, I'm with you on the Sri Lanka thing. Tharanga will score big !!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seagull over NZ said:
By the way, THPP, I'm with you on the Sri Lanka thing.

Well I think it may have been you that pointed me in Sri Lanka's general direction in an earlier thread. I then swotted up a bit further and concluded that Sri Lanka seemed to be the team to get on for a whole range of very good value bets. So cheers for that :thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Another Grauniad tip which actually makes a LOT of sense is JAYASURIYA to be their (Sri Lanka's) biggest 6 hitter. I might see what his odds are like to be hit the most sixes in the tournament too.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Chesney Christ said:
Pakistan are 10/1. I fancy a go on that.

ive got them at 16/1 - well worth a punt

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
id rather watch grass grow then watch cricket, god its so boring

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here