Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can't be named for legal reasons.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
They'll also stop the publishing of any information that may result in jigsaw identification of anyone involved in the case.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I know this sounds a bit "man down the pub", but I've heard from a reliable source that Baby P is unfortunately the tip of the iceberg. Apparently there is another case yet to be heard involving the boyfriend and the abuse of Baby P's three-year-old sister, hence no names yet revealed.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Picking up on the vigilante violence comment's - does anybody remember (after the murder of Sarah Payne) when the News of the World printed the names and addresses of convicted paedophiles.

These people had their houses bricked, burned etc., and were assulted themselves. Subsequently some of the 'facts' printed in the News of the World turned out to be incorrect. However, the lives and possesions of these wrongly-named offenders were already ruined. Many of these people had to move to different areas of the country avoid continued attacks.

I think, on some occasions, anonimity is for the best. Naming people before a guilty judgement can taint the views of potential jurors and witnesses and encourage vigilante violence. Besides, if someone is found guilty of child abuse or other equally horrific crimes they are normally 'sorted out' by other inmates in prison.

They might not be if Baby P has any siblings for the reasons mentioned above.

that baby is already in care or with a another family - the Police refused to allow the "mum" to have any contact with the child. Social SErvices wanted the mum to bond with the baby!

What planet are some of them on.

According to popbitch in the baby p case there is an ongoing court case involving further charges so names must be kept quiet. And the mother apparently also gave birth whilst on remand.

Actually the names are already in the public domain, the BBC named them some time ago and the page on which they did is still in the archives.

Also the mother is the sister of a chart-topping 1990's dance act apparently.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I have assumed that in the Baby P case it was because there must be outstanding charges against the mother and step father and they don't want to prejudice the trial. Presumably the lodger isn't involved and that's why they can name him. Truly shocking if there is another child involved.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
tracy_connolly_babyP_murderer.jpg

Tracey Connolly

Here are the names and pictures of thosed involved

Old Holborn: Tracey Connelly and Steven and Jason Barker

even from the old right wingers that post on that site.

I have to agree with them.

"The bit that amde me angrier and deeply sad was the fact that this poor child hjad been trained to put his head onto the floor when one particular piece of scum came in to the room. I presume the information was obtained via questioning. I don't know why, there is something so appallingly sad, so awful in this one piece of information that has made me at times want to cry...really. A 17 month old child that needed love, warmth, safety, care must have been in so much utter fear. There must have been times when he reached out to them for that love and affection. It really is so heartbreaking. I really am at a loss as to how, after so many similar cases over the years, and so many public enquiries by eminent people, so many lessons that should have been learned , that Baby P had such an appalling and short life.
I wish I beleived in God so that I could think he was in a better place."

I don't want to come across as a bore, but I would advise the mods to remove those names and the link.

I was thinking the same. There is a court case ongoing and it could easily constitute contempt.

More importantly if their defence team could show that there has been extensive publicity surrounding the case then their right to a fair trial would without a doubt be compromised and it may result in themwalking on the second trial charge.

People really ought to think occasionally about this type of thing. You may want to kick the f*** out of the scrotes and quite frankly (and some of you will probably be surprised by this terminal 'liberal' that I am) I would find it hard to make myself stop you but they still have the right to a fair trail.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Because the courts have granted anonymity. I would normally agree, even though the crime is horrific, the courts must have their reasons for ordering anonymity. I totally agree with ReadingStockport's point too...

...however, on this occasion, deleting the names and link off this website seems a bit pointless given that a 2 second google search will tell you everything in this case (including names, pictures and addresses of the accused), as would a search on facebook.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
that baby is already in care or with a another family - the Police refused to allow the "mum" to have any contact with the child. Social SErvices wanted the mum to bond with the baby!

What planet are some of them on.

If there's another case or whatnot obviously for reasons of possible contempt of court they won't be named. But even if there's not I'm not sure they will be to protect the innocent (and alive) sister.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here