Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cannot wait

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I think we have a great draw against a top side without that top side bullshit mindset. They just get on with it week in week out and respect every team they play.
I'm not even sure they have a palarse like us. It's sad that we are becoming a group of fans that always fell the need to say sorry for the idiots from our club.

We have come so far since the bad old archer/ballotti days and we have grown as a fan club aswell. where do these people come from? we are so much better than that.

Stoke will be a great day out and if we are right on top of our game we could just do it. Bring it on :)

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Hove Stokie here

The Tuncay thing has just about every Stoke fan scratching their heads. He oozes quality, makes things happen from nothing and runs ( very fast ) all day long.

My only explanation is that he just doesn't fit the Pulis mould of 6'4" big daft and clumsy. I think he will possibly be gone today sadly has rumour has it he flew to Germany last night for talks. You don't hop on a plane to somewhere unless there is a lot more fire than smoke imho.

Thanks for the more sensible posts on here now that the children are tucked up in bed. Respect for my local team, what they have been through and where they are now is fully restored.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
You can react to this post however you want stokecity4life, but I'm coming to the Britannia, and my GOD I hope you play Fuller and Tuncay, I like Stoke as a team altogether, it's a ground I've never been to, and Fuller and Tuncay are two of my favourite EPL players, and no disrespect, but the fact that we COULD win, as opposed to say Arsenal, makes it all the more exciting for me, SEE YOU IN THREE WEEKS :D

EPL?:facepalm:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hove Stokie here

The Tuncay thing has just about every Stoke fan scratching their heads. He oozes quality, makes things happen from nothing and runs ( very fast ) all day long.

My only explanation is that he just doesn't fit the Pulis mould of 6'4" big daft and clumsy. I think he will possibly be gone today sadly has rumour has it he flew to Germany last night for talks. You don't hop on a plane to somewhere unless there is a lot more fire than smoke imho.

Thanks for the more sensible posts on here now that the children are tucked up in bed. Respect for my local team, what they have been through and where they are now is fully restored.

Thanks Joe... asked the same question on the other thread so please ignore.

stokecity4life

Jan 31, 2011
Isn't Tuncay going to sign for Shteve McClaren and play for Wolfsburg?

Fair play to the OP on this thread. He's got us bang to rights. I know the idiots who were slagging off Stoke don't represent the majority of this board but there were enough of them to make us look like arrogant pricks.

exactly mate,thats why we are laughing our bollocks off,the comments of shit ground,shit fans,shit city....doesnt look good for the sensible posters does it?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
exactly mate,thats why we are laughing our bollocks off,the comments of shit ground,shit fans,shit city....doesnt look good for the sensible posters does it?

I might add a lot of posters on here rate your supporters as some of the most passionate and noisiest in England.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS

Well it's up to the reader to seperate the wheat from the chaff. We've had a load of immature Norwich fans on here over the last week, and a few sensible ones, and I know which ones I pay heed to. I treat the messages on these Stoke threads in the same fashion.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well Stoke's not exactly Barcelona is it? And the Britannia ain't Camp Nou. Is it arrogant to state obvious facts?
Shit fans, anyone who said that is a moron. Stoke's fans are a fairly rough bunch, that's what makes them good, they've got a traditional working class fanbase, at leats that's the way it's always seemed to me.

As for looking forward to beating us... I'm sure you are. This is one of the reasons for the disappointment at the draw, we'll very likely be beaten but it doesn't have the appeal of Arsenal, Manchester United etc, it's somewhere we've been plenty of times in the recent past and we haven't done well there.

People saying it's a good draw would presumably say the same whatever the draw was. :shrug:

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Drawing Stoke is just a bit disappointing. There is a possibility that we could pull off a win but I can't see Gus selecting the best team. I think we all know that the league is more important and Gus will not to hamper our league performance with unnecessary injuries. He is reported to have said that he would like the game to be played on Friday evening, presumably when the majority of our fans won't be able to travel. I think that sets the scene and hints at what we can expect. Given the lack of importance that the club will place on the games will I go.........probably not.

Hove Stokie here

ESPNsoccernet staff

Wolfsburg have confirmed the signing of Stoke City forward Tuncay, who becomes the German club's fifth signing of transfer deadline day.

GettyImages
Tuncay's flair seemed at odds with Stoke's approach
• Transfer deadline day

Tuncay joins Steve McClaren's side after making just 18 Premier League starts for Stoke since joining the club from Middlesbrough in the summer of 2009.

The Turkey international has signed a contract that ties him to the Bundesliga side until June 2014.

Wolfsburg have also signed Bayer Leverkusen striker Patrick Helmes for a reported €8 million, with the striker arriving as a replacement for Edin Dzeko following his £27 million move to Manchester City.

Anderlecht midfielder Jan Polak was the third signing announced by Wolfsburg on Monday afternoon, and he makes the move to Germany on a contract until 2013.

Wolfsburg had already announced that they had signed South Korea international Koo Ja-Cheol and Venezuela's Yohandry Orozco on a busy transfer deadline day.

"As well as experienced players, who will hopefully help us in the present, we have also brought in players with potential," Wolfsburg sporting director Dieter Hoeness told the club website. "This is because our medium-term goal remains rebuilding a new team, which is characterised by a will to win, quality and passion."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here