Votes: 32 44.4%
  • Cannabis is BAD.

Votes: 40 55.6%

• Total voters

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
This is a topic which can be 'debated' for a long time.

So people of NSC what do you think about cannabis, is it a drug which you think should be legalised and causes no harm to anybody or do you believe its a menace to society and can cause health severe health problems?

In America people can get legally prescribed cannabis and it's not seen as a big thing over there as it is here.

Professor David Nutt the government's former chief drug advisor believed that Alcohol was more harmful then many illegal drugs including Cannabis and ecstasy.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Mrs has one joint every evening to alleviate muscle spasms related to her multiple sclerosis, used like this I don't consider it a problem (a view shared by both of her neurologists) but this is an entirely different use of cannabis compared to recreational use.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This is a topic which can be 'debated' for a long time.

So people of NSC what do you think about cannabis, is it a drug which you think should be legalised and causes no harm to anybody or do you believe its a menace to society and can cause health severe health problems?

In America people can get legally subscribed cannabis and it's not seen as a big thing over there as it is here.

Professor David Nutt the government's former chief drug advisor believed that Alcohol was more harmful then many illegal drugs including Cannabis and ecstasy.

What do you all think?

I think you meant 'prescribed' not 'subscribed'. People can get it here too but it's meant for people suffering from Multiple Sclerosis in the main. Whilst not a user myself I used to think that cannabis was harmless but like alcohol, if used to excess it has side effects. I worked with a bloke recently who was a heavy user and he was incredibly paranoid which I've been told is a side effect of the drug. There are other issues such as lung cancer but you can get cancer from a lot of things. Whilst I have no issues with it's use it's a pity that there aren't more sophisticated ways of detecting it's use by drivers who are under the influence behind the wheel.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Professor David Nutt's son is at university with me. I have never met anyone who is so anti government lol!

But personally I think a lot of mental health things are obviously linked with cannabis so I would never take it but I am a firm believer of leagalising and taxing all drugs. If people want to take it, its their choice.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's not good, is it?

But it's no worse than countless other things that are legal, so I think the law is a bit outdated. It could so easily have gone the other way with cannabis being legal and alcohol illegal. The streets would be a much quieter / safer place as well. Don't think it would have done much for the atmosphere at football though!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I'm not sure thats true ( not the legal prescriptions, the big thing bit)

Comparing the way cannabis is over here compared to America it's alot different. People can grow a certain amount of plants in their homes but in the UK that's a crime and get's you arrested. I'm not like expert on this sort of stuff I'm just going by what I saw on this programme that was on last night. One university student even said he gets stopped by the police who say they think he has nice weed on him and let him go?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm not sure thats true ( not the legal prescriptions, the big thing bit)

In the US they make a big thing of people using cannabis to the point that they can drug test any employee and discipline staff who test positive (usually a dismissal). It's a bit of a joke really as they have far greater problems with alcohol for a start. Due to the lack of public transport (including Taxis) people are far more inclined to drink and drive. On the occasions they are caught they don't always get the mandatory ban that is handed out here. Also, they have a huge problem with Crystal Meth the use of which is widespread.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Years ago when it was just cannabis resin or grass, in moderation as a recreational drug it was OK and fun stuff imo. The skunk that is around these days is way too strong and really can't be good for you..again just in my experience. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole if I still smoked dope.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Bad, bad, bad. Never touched the stuff, mainly because i can't stand the smell or being near anyone who's just smoked it.

Last edited:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Staring at the tv, giggling at random things and getting the munchies and stuffing up on junk food, I dont need blow to do that

I personaly dont smoke the stuff but have done and to be fair no worse than alcohol, if people got stoned instead of getting pissed domestic violence and pub brawls wouldnt happen, there wont be a police meat wagon waiting at the end of the road on a friday night if it was a pot cafe

Personaly dont seem the harm if your adult make your own decisions and if legalised it would be controled and be taxed which isnt a bad thing, I pefer a pint myself and I cant have a conversation with someone whos stoned they piss me off

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Years ago when it was just cannabis resin or grass, in moderation as a recreational drug it was OK and fun stuff imo. The skunk that is around these days is way too strong ...

Skunk was around 15 years ago, no one thought it "dangerous" compared to normal weed then. just a bit stronger and more hallucinagenic. or has "skunk" itself changed? i think not, it would have a different name if it were a different strain.

relative to many things a bit of grass is good, or at least not bad. its excessive use or unfortunate reaction that makes it seem bad. nuts and milk kill some people, we dont consider them bad.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I used to be really against it, but I went to a lecture by Professor Nutt and there really isn't much reason for it to be illegal. As a consumer of alcohol, which is far more harmful, I'm in no position to criticise people for taking it. I've never really been that bothered about trying it though.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
this local man is the best anti cannabis advert there is.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ive smoked daily since 1979. Ive always worked in an IT technical environment. I dont look like a 'smoker', ive lived in Holland for several years, and now in CZ, where a lot of Euro grass is grown, and where they have very liberal drug laws.
There are health issues, the same as smoking cigarettes. Its clearly not good for your lungs. However, if you smoke anyway, I dont see an issue.
I realised that I didnt get hangovers, and didnt wake up on saturday mornings with black eyes following drinking. It seemed the sensible option for me.
Its not for everybody, ive seen people go off the rails and move on to harder drugs (the vast majority dont), the same as ive seen casual drinkers turn into out and out alcoholics, again the vast majority dont.
At the end of the day, its a plant.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Skunk was around 15 years ago, no one thought it "dangerous" compared to normal weed then. just a bit stronger and more hallucinagenic. or has "skunk" itself changed? i think not, it would have a different name if it were a different strain.

relative to many things a bit of grass is good, or at least not bad. its excessive use or unfortunate reaction that makes it seem bad. nuts and milk kill some people, we dont consider them bad.

Words of Wisdom here from beorthelm.

I thing Bill Hicks had it right when he said, to paraphrase, the best thing to do is to tell those who think it's wrong that it's illegal and being clamped down on, because they wouldn't know any different!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm 32, I smoked a spliff pretty much every evening from the ages of 16-30 and I can honestly say it did me no harm. I used to love having one before bed, whacking the TV on and chilling out. I got married and had kids so stopped doing that but I do find myself drinking more these days! Saying that, I have definitely seen the effect it can have on certain individuals. It's not good if you smoke 5 or 6 a day, IT WILL change your personality. It's a mental thing in my opinion. If I'm honest I'd quite like a bag that i could stuff in a drawer for the odd occasion I quite fancy 1 (PM me? lol :) )

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I think the best advert for the anti-dope argument is that welsh c*** Howard Marks, f*cking mess.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
A f***ing rich mess. That sort of argument is pretty pointless to be honest. It affects everybody differently. My system is more accustomed to grass than it is to alcohol... when im stoned, most people wouldnt even realise. When im drunk, then im a mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here