Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Candidates for an Albion Hall of Fame at Falmer

Gwylan said:
Reinelt just happened to be in the right place at the right time - scarcely a legend.

?

Bu that is exactly what makes him a legend rather than legendary.

Legendary players are those who all had glittering careers at BHA - ie the legendary Bobby Zamora, Danny Cullip, Stuart Storer etc

"Legends" are those others whose mundane career was suddelnly illuminated by one blinding piece of work such as Gary Williams or Robbie Reinelt

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
Jimmy Collins...........Captain of the Div4 Champs team and did a cracking job tiling my Bathroom and Conservatory 3 years ago.

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
BurberrySkinnedMonster said:
Nobody has mention Brian Horton !!!

I was just about to. He's got to be in!!.

Peter O'Sullevan

Also Frankie Howard. The Goldstone wasn't the greatest stadium in the world, but the pitch always looked good!!

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme

Peter O'Sullevan

Also Frankie Howard. The Goldstone wasn't the greatest stadium in the world, but the pitch always looked good!!

Have to agree with both of these especially Frankie Howard

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Padders said:
Have to agree with both of these especially Frankie Howard

Ooooh, nay, titter ye not....

Has Steve Foster come up yet?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Wozza said:
Am I the only one who doesn't hero worship Robbie Reinelt?

He scored, arguably, the most important goal in Albion's history, but I don't think it puts him in the same category as Peter Ward, Dick Knight or even Steve Gritt.

Stuart Storer scored the second most important goal in our history the week before, and no one mentions him - even though he put his heart and soul into the club for several years.

Would you worship Craig Maskell if he had scored the winner at Hereford?!?

The goal was important, but not the player IMO.

Why not? John Barnes' England career was based on one goal!

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
The Large One said:
Fairly anonymous with Brighton, but I would put Howard Wilkinson (last English manager to win the Premier league) in there.

Not that anonymous unless I'm remembering it wrong - remember he bought Mark Beeney for enough cash to save us from another winding-up order.

(And yes, he probably was worth more, but you don't get to haggle much when you're about to be wound up. Sergeant Wilko could probably have got him for less if he was insistent enough.)

My Newcastle-supporting mates would also like to thank him for his brief but comic tenure at Sunderland last year - terrific stuff.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Kerry Mayo, Ian Chapman, Trigger, Bellotti's coffin.

And Reinelt scored. They're all hero's but he's the one who made the all important difference. Legend.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Yep, Tim Carder, Ian Hart, Paul Samrah, John Baine, Adrian Newnham, Ian Morley et al.

All those who helped save the Club, got us back to Brighton, and are taking us forward to Falmer.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Dick Knights Mum said:
Yep, Tim Carder, Ian Hart, Paul Samrah, John Baine, Adrian Newnham, Ian Morley et al.

All those who helped save the Club, got us back to Brighton, and are taking us forward to Falmer.

Oh yes, and Wozza and Manx Seagull, and Bozza and Papa Lazarazou, and Lord B, and roz.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Er... thanks but, while did my bit, I'm not in the same league as Tim, Atilla, Ian, Liz, Paul, Adrian, Sarah etc etc.

Many of these people devoted YEARS of their lives to saving and helping the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here