Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canada. British Columbia/Alberta (O/T)

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
If you do venture onto Vancouver Island, check out Quadra Island (near Campbell River). Rebecca Spit is great for Sea Kayaking, cycling and hiking.

I wouldn't goto Lake Louise, it's really tacky. Take in Yoho National Park instead, and Lake O'Hara.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Agree with the above people who mention Peyto Lake, The highlight of the Rockies for me. Emerald, Maligne and Moraine Lakes are all nicer than Louise. The ride up onto Athabasca Glacier is also worthwhile. Mt Edith Cavell is impressive too.

If you're driving all the way from Vancouver, be sure to stop at Hell's Gate, near Hope.

They grow some very passable wines around Lake Okanagan if you're that way inclined, and fancy a slight detour - you can visit many of the vineyards.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Curious Orange said:
In Vancouver, Capilano Canyon is well worth visiting, as are Grouse Mountain, and Stanley Park.

Absolutely i went to all 3 and they are well worth visiting as well as Whistler itself even if your not ski-ing, still a good day out.

I actually watched Man U win the European Cup at the top of grouse mountain !.........not something i should be admitting to really

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Zeitgeist said:
If you're in the BC/Alberta border area on highway three, a visit to the Frank slide is worth a look. Around one hundred years ago, a whole mining town was buried under a gigantic rock slide. Supposedly caused by the dodgy mining tecniques of the owners. The site is pretty much as is. Seeing a sea of rocks, looking at the pictures in the memorial centre and knowing a whole town is somewhere under there is quite moving. Apart from the previous suggestions for the area, if you wish to see the Worlds biggest truck, (allegedly) it's parked up next to the highway at nearby Sparwood.

Frank slide's a pretty crazy place - the road to Fernie goes right through it. I saw the truck last year too, unfortunately you can't climb up on it. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here