Votes: 57 69.5%
  • No - i iz a chopstick mental

Votes: 25 30.5%

• Total voters

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Never eaten Chinese so not reason to try. was offered them though when in china, but declined for fear of making an idiot of myself.???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can use chopsticks in a kind of cack-handed way, but I still think they're RUBBISH.
I like to have a couple of items of food from my plate to ram in my gob at the same time, but I find it almost impossible with chopsticks to do that. I have to go:

Bit of rice...got it *munch, swallow*
Bit of chicken....got it *munch, swallow*
Few beansprouts...come here ya bastard...shit, dropped it....gotcha *munch, swallow*

Whereas with a FORK, I can STAB my bit of chicken, SKEWER a few beanspouts and SHOVEL some rice onto the flat bit of the fork, then just SCOFF.

Chinese are WAY behind westerners when it comes to cutlery. Chopsticks were actually designed as a method of torture for starving POW's in labour camps. Thats FACT, that is.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I can use them but compared to the natives I come out a very distant second. I've always thought my chopstick skills were pretty poor but if the replies on this thread are anything to go by I'm doing alright for a western devil.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
What about Japanese, Vietnamese or even Thai?

Nope, never seen the appeal, but then i have never been a "food person".
I know i lot of people get pleasure from eating, but i don't, for me i eat to keep alive, in the same way you put fuel in a car to make it run.

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
I like using chopsticks, like someone else said it helps to slow down the eating process - unless you resort to shovel mode of course!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I can use chopsticks in a kind of cack-handed way, but I still think they're RUBBISH.
I like to have a couple of items of food from my plate to ram in my gob at the same time, but I find it almost impossible with chopsticks to do that. I have to go:

Bit of rice...got it *munch, swallow*
Bit of chicken....got it *munch, swallow*
Few beansprouts...come here ya bastard...shit, dropped it....gotcha *munch, swallow*

Whereas with a FORK, I can STAB my bit of chicken, SKEWER a few beanspouts and SHOVEL some rice onto the flat bit of the fork, then just SCOFF.

Chinese are WAY behind westerners when it comes to cutlery. Chopsticks were actually designed as a method of torture for starving POW's in labour camps. Thats FACT, that is.

:lol: This brings to mind your PLEBBY taste in pizzas Easy 10 ;)

I'm well good with chopsticks me.

Eating things like salad with a knife and fork is just stupid. Then again I wouldn't attempt a roast with chopsticks.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
First time at a Chinese with my Dad as a kid he said you have to use them with a bowl or you cant eat any food. Never eaten Chink or Jap food any other way............

Understand what he means about eating simple food, but to never have eaten Chinese food.......That is well mental.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here