Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you feel the Buzz around Brighton?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Everywhere i go at the moment there seems to be a real buzz around the city about the new stadium and the team, its like finally everyone has woken up and realised that this is going to be BIG.

Its blooming amazing living in a City where everyone is talking about the team, the manager and the stadium. even the plastics seem to be coming round to the idea of showing an intrest in their local team.

Hopefully Brighton and Hove will have a team they can be proud of, and we dont just have the die hard few thousand.

:bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
its weird , at work I used to see TONS of Liverpool , United,Arsenal, Chelsea , Spurs tops ... now I'm seeing alot of Brighton (both adults and children alike) it's a fantastic feeling :)

sammy g

At my kids School fete last weekend a signed ball by the team was a prize in the raffle, when the draw took place a chorus of "seagulls" was sung by about a dozen parents, now that wouldn't have happened a couple of years ago.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I felt it a bit on the morning of the SSCF match - people in their colours, talk among the locals, a certain expectancy for the afternoon.

I suspect it will be buzzing a lot more for the Spurs game, and positively purring for the Donny game - especially if they're sunny days.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I suspect it will be buzzing a lot more for the Spurs game, and positively purring for the Donny game - especially if they're sunny days.

This.

It's going to be like the return to Brighton from exile in Gillingham. Back then, around town both pre and post-match there was almost a feeling of euphoria and it was infectious. Everyone was interested in what was happening on Planet Albion and I expect that to happen again, but at an even higher level, as this season kicks-off. A sunny day and an opening day win will amplify that even more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to hear. I have however noticed a bit of grumbling on here about quite a few things, we seem to be moving from being a little club in touch with it's fans to a big one that is struggling to answer questions and queries and bad feeling is growing.

Personally 100% happy so far but plenty don't seem to be, which is a shame but to be expected I guess with such a massive increase in ticket sales in a new stadium, assumably with new people still being trained, :shrug:

I hope the feel good factor grows but the above is a concern imo

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good to hear. I have however noticed a bit of grumbling on here about quite a few things, we seem to be moving from being a little club in touch with it's fans to a big one that is struggling to answer questions and queries and bad feeling is growing.

Personally 100% happy so far but plenty don't seem to be, which is a shame but to be expected I guess with such a massive increase in ticket sales in a new stadium, assumably with new people still being trained, :shrug:

For those that are not on here who have a (legitimate) grumble - in the goddamn Greater Brighton Metropolitan area, high up in the suburbs, and in parts of Upper Dicker - there IS a buzz.

I'm just about the only person in the building who likes football (let alone supports the Albion) - but people here are interested and keen to know about the stadium and all its curiosities.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think it's just a symptom of just how damned busy everyone at the club is trying to get everything ready. They really are absolutely flat out.

Some of the talk, for example the disabled parking situation, doesn't read very well. I'm highlighting various issues to the club when they surface on NSC in the hope that remedial actions can be taken quickly, although it is inevitable that some things may fall through the cracks.

I think it's important that we as fans remain aware of the scale of change the club is currently going through and that we try to work with the club, not against them. A little bit of patience is likely to be required from time to time.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Word hasn't spread as far a field as Crawley! It's still Chelsea this and Tottenham that - their shirts are everywhere. :shrug::(:tantrum:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it's just a symptom of just how damned busy everyone at the club is trying to get everything ready. They really are absolutely flat out.

Some of the talk, for example the disabled parking situation, doesn't read very well. I'm highlighting various issues to the club when they surface on NSC in the hope that remedial actions can be taken quickly, although it is inevitable that some things may fall through the cracks.

I think it's important that we as fans remain aware of the scale of change the club is currently going through and that we try to work with the club, not against them. A little bit of patience is likely to be required from time to time.

Exactamundo

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Living a fair distance away from Brighton i couldn't possibly comment on what its like down there, but even where i am people now seem suddenly aware of us. Friends and work colleagues who previously would just view our club as nothing more than a lower-league 'name' are now sending me pictures of the Amex and badgering me for spare tickets. Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea 'fans' all asking if they can come and watch Brighton is something that i was not sure i'd ever hear..

I think the penny dropped for my boss, a QPR fan, when we signed CMS apparently from under their noses. This may have or may not have been the case but it certainly made him and a few others sit up and take notice.

Gus, Tony and The Amex. We have a future, finally.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

A-f***ing-men.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I think most people will give the club a few games to get things right before the moaners start up. It's a massive step up for the club in every department and most of us realise this. The one thing people won't be too forgiving about is the food and drink issues-nobody wants to miss 20 minutes or more of a game because of serving times-get that right and it will fine.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Other than a promotion but a huge cup run in either the League or FA Cup would be great, getting some big teams down will only increase peoples intrest.

the coverage Gus gets on Sky and in Football in general really helps promote us to the wider footballing world.

Brighton is not now just a great place to live, but we also now have a great football team.

part of me will always miss the 'Old' Brighton but i seriously cant wait to be part of the 'New' Brighton.

In general terms I agree with you Bozza but the "issues" arising now with disabled access/parking and transport should never have been left until just before the first competitive game to be resolved - this is a failure of management imo as many, if not most, are obvious or predictable. The former was first raised on here by Buzzer back in Jan/Feb and was then kicked into the long grass with a load of waffle from MP; the issue, like the transport management plan has and continues to suffer from a lack of detailed and coherent information being provided by the club to the customers (fans) eg only 49 disabled parking spaces available when there's 150 or so wheelchair spaces in the ground!!! For months and months there's been a standard push back from Paul Camillin of: the TMP is confidential (ever heard of FOI?), wait and see, full details will be published in due course, whilst there's been a big, big push by all to sell as many STs as possible. Well that's been achieved but, as some Council officers indicated to the club a while back, just perhaps the CEO and Stadium Operations Manager might better spend their time on something other than ST presentations. Anyone watching the recent B&HCC Planning Committee meeting discuss the Racecourse P&R should have picked up on the irritation that the Club's approach to the TMP and lack of proactivity (eg understanding the need for the P&R to have planning approval) has caused the councillors (irrespective of party) and officers, some of whom are STHs and admitted so during the meeting.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Being an exile of sorts I'm not feeling the love. Is there more people around the streets wearing the colours? I remember this buzz in the Mullery days around the county, great days.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I have to say waiting for the train at 2pm on Saturday with a platform full of Brighton fans babbling excitadly about the new signings put a grin on my face, this grin is likely to become a grimmace at 2pm on 6 August.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well that's been achieved but, as some Council officers indicated to the club a while back, just perhaps the CEO and Stadium Operations Manager might better spend their time on something other than ST presentations.

This is a bit out of order IMHO. I know for a fact that messrs Bloom, Brown, Perry and Hebbard having been working till 1am every night for months with barely a day off.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Defiantely a buzz around Sussex, also when I'm in our London office or speaking to clients from around the country they all know about BHA FC and seems to be respect which was not there before.

Hats off to Bloom for making Falmer a reality and to putting Brighton bac on the football map.

Re Alex Dawson's comments on MP I would tend to agree, rather than being the big man being seen selling tickets etc a little more time may have been better spent on the detail which is what matters to people using the stadium.

It's not just Brighton, Burgess Hill seems to have a vast amount more people walking aroung wearimg the colours.

So much better than seeing Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool tops everywhere, although there are still alot of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here