Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Lots of talk about Sanchez and penalties.

On average, goalkeepers in the PL save 12% of the penalties. Or just over 1 in 10. And since most teams concede 6-7 penalties per season, the average PL goalkeeper makes less than one 1 penalty save per season.

Why people are obsessed with whether Sanchez save 0 penalties per season or 0.6-0.7 penalties per season strikes me as quite odd. How much difference does it make?

The best way of not conceding penalties is to not give the opponent one in every game.
I really rate the guy but I dont think Sanchez has ever even dived the right way for a pen and must be way off the 12% save mark. Also the best keepers at pens save 1 in 5 or 6. Gomes saved 11 in 35 during his time with Spurs and Watford!

As for him leaving isn't Carl Rushworth meant to be an absolute star in the making?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I really rate the guy but I dont think Sanchez has ever even dived the right way for a pen and must be way off the 12% save mark. Also the best keepers at pens save 1 in 5 or 6. Gomes saved 11 in 35 during his time with Spurs and Watford!

As for him leaving isn't Carl Rushworth meant to be an absolute star in the making?
He is indeed way off the 12% save mark as he has only saved one penalty (and that was for Rochdale or Forest Green). If his penalty stats were average, he'd have saved another 2 penalties in his career. Would that be nice? Sure. Is it a big deal that he hasn't saved another 2 penalties? To some it seems to be, yeah.

Rushworth is regarded as a big talent yes. If Tony & co thinks "lets sell our first keeper and put Rushworth in goal", then fair play to them. There's a very thin line between brave and stupid however.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
My mate is a Worthing STH and he told me that when Rushworth was on loan there he was shite.

Did I say "shite"? I meant "had Barca scouts watching him"

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My mate is a Worthing STH and he told me that when Rushworth was on loan there he was shite.

Did I say "shite"? I meant "had Barca scouts watching him"
140503-F-GD533-001.JPG

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

He got a hand on the villa one.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There will be during the World Cup and then obviously during the Transfer Window, a million and one transfer stories linking players to here, there and everywhere. Few of these have any substance. Even fewer will happen. Freaking out every time someone mentions the word "Chelsea" and one of our players - many of which are highly sought after so this is pretty normal - is probably not the best way to spend the next few months but hey.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Made his first start for Spain earlier today, in a friendly vs Jordan. He had 45 and Raya came on for the 2nd half. Feels like a lifetime since his last and only other appearance (as a sub).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Made his first start for Spain earlier today, in a friendly vs Jordan. He had 45 and Raya came on for the 2nd half. Feels like a lifetime since his last and only other appearance (as a sub).
He kept a clean sheet whereas Raya conceded a goal at 90+2

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Will Sanchez get some game time today, if Spain have got the game wrapped up with 10 minutes to go?
The game doesn't look very wrapped up yet ................

Still reckon Spain will win, but not by a sufficient margin to be able to bring players on for fun.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This time tomorrow Bob's gonna be walking off the training pitch thinking he's the greatest penalty saving keeper world football. 🤣

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Spotted big Bob comforting Morata at the end there, the number 7 was in floods of tears and our number 1 just looked disappointed. Must be odd being part of something like this but not getting to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here