Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What's a GK supposed to do to get back in the side though? Not much you can do sitting on the bench.
Well firstly not throw a major strop and refuse to play when dropped. That's step 1.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Steele doesn’t fill me with confidence at all when it comes to any of the actual goalkeeping stuff, and last night was another example of that.
What did he do wrong last night? Made a couple of cracking saves, one of which then near enough lead to our goal - couldn't really do anything for any of the goals - but almost got enough on the third to deflect it onto the post.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What is any player meant to do?

Knuckle down, show a good attitude, support your fellow teammates, work on your weaknesses, impress in training and be ready when the time comes.

i.e. exactly what Jason Steele did to get his chance in the side..
After being dropped again after the Man U game, it was clear that Sanchez was not getting back into the side anytime soon even though he would have a load of other clubs happy to have him as their number 1. Steele has had to wait almost 5 years as a back-up keeper, so I cannot blame Sanchez at all for wanting out this summer to try and progress his career and international chances.

Easy to forget that the players aren't BHA fans.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well firstly not throw a major strop and refuse to play when dropped. That's step 1.
What difference would that make to him? He's not getting back in the side this season; he may as well make sure he gets transferred.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
After being dropped again after the Man U game, it was clear that Sanchez was not getting back into the side anytime soon even though he would have a load of other clubs happy to have him as their number 1. Steele has had to wait almost 5 years as a back-up keeper, so I cannot blame Sanchez at all for wanting out this summer to try and progress his career and international chances.

Wanting out this summer - fine

Giving up with a couple of weeks of the season to go, a season in which he has played an important part - definitely not.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Sanchez will have had multiple offers. Including probably from a number of top tier EPL clubs with a recent history of first choice dodgy keepers

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Wanting out this summer is one thing, refusing to be selected for the remaining games is quite another.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Wanting out this summer - fine

Giving up with a couple of weeks of the season to go, a season in which he has played an important part - definitely not.

Wanting out this summer is one thing, refusing to be selected for the remaining games is quite another.
Maybe he's being totally selfless, and making room on the bench for McGill to establish himself as the number 2.

Or maybe not....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
it was clear that Sanchez was not getting back into the side anytime soon
We have absolutely no idea about this, in terms of attitude behind closed doors. It might've been Sanchez' reaction to being "dropped" again after the Cup game that informed the decision not to reinstate him after the Everton debacle.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We have absolutely no idea about this, in terms of attitude behind closed doors. It might've been Sanchez' reaction to being "dropped" again after the Cup game that informed the decision not to reinstate him after the Everton debacle.
You're right we don't - although Sanchez was on the bench for Forest, Man U and Everton, so probably correct to assume it was his response to not being reinstated after Everton.

We also don't know that Sanchez refused to play, do we? Everyone has just assumed this. It could well be that he's communicated his wish to move this summer and RDZ has decided that it wouldn't be best to have a want-away keeper as back up.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's a dick for refusing to play but not for wanting out. He's 25, a regular in the Spanish squad and wanted by a host of teams. He's acted appallingly and that is unforgivable but clearly now a move is best for both parties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here