Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I agree , Sanchez's reach makes him the better shot stopper. Steele would not have saved the Rashford effort , it's not his fault but he is shorter. I felt both goals conceded at Elland Road would have been stopped by Sanchez. I do think Steele may have stopped one of the penalties as he would have attempted to unsettle the penalty takers and seems to have a knack of saving them. Oh well - if only we could find a keeper with a mixture of their abilities.
To be honest, we have the best two goalkeepers this club has ever had. We’re doing okay. It’s just a matter of preference as their skill sets are slightly different.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In the post game tunnel video, not celebrating and no smile on his face. Only one in the whole squad. Grumpy sod isn’t he ?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
In the post game tunnel video, not celebrating and no smile on his face. Only one in the whole squad. Grumpy sod isn’t he ?
Didn't see this, but I thought before there would be a parting of the ways in the summer and I still do.

Was it Steele getting MOM he objected to?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Steele is a bit like Ryan. Solid, doesn’t make mistakes but also won’t make amazing saves. Bob is a level up on both which is why he is in the Spain squad.
I think the comparison to Ryan does Steele a disservice. He’s had stiff competition for the number 1 shirt and done well enough to keep it. I feel more comfortable with him on crosses And he is evidently better playing Zerbiball. Sanchez still has a lot to learn.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sounds like his Albion career is over…

From The Athletic

De Zerbi left Robert Sanchez, who he has dropped in favour of Jason Steele, out of his 20-man squad for the trip to the Emirates Stadium.

And the Italian explained: “We spoke two days ago and we reached an agreement that he wasn’t going to come here.

“He knew he wasn’t going to play.”

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sounds like his Albion career is over…

From The Athletic

De Zerbi left Robert Sanchez, who he has dropped in favour of Jason Steele, out of his 20-man squad for the trip to the Emirates Stadium.

And the Italian explained: “We spoke two days ago and we reached an agreement that he wasn’t going to come here.

“He knew he wasn’t going to play.”
Yes. He'll be going. He's been visibly unhappy about playing second fiddle.

As ever, hope we can extract a good price

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hope Rob learns from this. He will be very lucky to go through a career at top level without being dropped at some point and quite frankly throwing a strop is poor.

I called out his ‘reaction’ after the Utd game and it can’t be good for the team

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Pretty clear this is a squad game for RdZ and if you can’t hack being in and out you aren’t for him, same as happened for Trossard

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Sorry to see this. I think he is a better shot stopper than Steele.
Looks like passing the ball in the penalty area is more important to RDZ

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Passing the ball in the penalty area ?!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Indeed. RDZ wants the better sweeper.

I’d bite your hand off for a Sanchez-Colwill swap deal!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Poor from Sanchez, not a great look

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Who do we think he goes to then? Man United and Spurs the only top clubs who need a keeper.
Real Madrid? Might fancy getting the next potential Spanish keeper in early after getting burnt on De Gea.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I hope when Sanchez goes it's not on bad terms considering we brought him through. On the outside chance Potter ends up at Spurs, I can see him going there and doing very well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here