Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Maty Ryan would be getting absolute pelters if he'd let that free kick in from JWP, IMO.

Maty Ryan would have conceded at least double the amount of goals Sanchez has this season. He became a ghost and was allowed to continue in goal for far too long.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The free kick goes in off the post... It's incredibly harsh to suggest that Sanchez is at fault.

It’s his side though. If the ball goes in that side it has to be the keepers fault.

The wall protects half the goal, Sanchez’s job is to protect the other half, but he doesn’t.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
'Fault' is subjective, and a bit unfair IMO. It was a well-planned (Over Romeu, who ducked so Sanchez would have seen it very late), brilliantly executed free kick from the best dead-ball player in the division.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If it goes comfortably in by a few inches I’d agree, but in off the post is one of those things that happens. If he lined up further to ‘his’ side it’s likely JWP would have just dipped it in the other corner anyway. Not the same as facing 99.9% of players stood over the ball.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
If it goes comfortably in by a few inches I’d agree, but in off the post is one of those things that happens. If he lined up further to ‘his’ side it’s likely JWP would have just dipped it in the other corner anyway. Not the same as facing 99.9% of players stood over the ball.

You give the free kick taker that side and say if you are good enough to go up and over the wall then fair play, just don’t get beaten your side.

It’s a good free kick, but I’d imagine Sanchez will be disappointed with that one.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It’s his side though. If the ball goes in that side it has to be the keepers fault.

The wall protects half the goal, Sanchez’s job is to protect the other half, but he doesn’t.

To be fair, (and I think some responsibility lies with the keeper on this point too) the wall was awful

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
You give the free kick taker that side and say if you are good enough to go up and over the wall then fair play, just don’t get beaten your side.

It’s a good free kick, but I’d imagine Sanchez will be disappointed with that one.

I agree he'll be disappointed to be beaten and feel he could have done better - but that's very different to saying it's his fault. I think it's staggeringly harsh to blame him for the goal, at worst it's a "could do better". I totally agree with [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION] - we'll miss him when he's gone. Unlike his predecessor.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I agree he'll be disappointed to be beaten and feel he could have done better - but that's very different to saying it's his fault. I think it's staggeringly harsh to blame him for the goal, at worst it's a "could do better". I totally agree with [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION] - we'll miss him when he's gone. Unlike his predecessor.

Agreed. My choice of words could have been better. It’s not a howler by any stretch, however I’m pretty sure he’ll be disappointed.

My posts are purely in relation to one incident. I think Sanchez is a massively promising player and already justifies his number one position at the club.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When Sanchez eventually leaves for a big fee most will bemoaning his departure and saying his replacement isn't good enough.

Precisely - anything other than a perfect game and people are on here slating him (again). It happens all the time.......'His distribution was poor' (actually more likely a couple of ambitious kicks went into touch that were marginally too high or long) etc. I'm sure he and Roberts will look at the free kick multiple times and see what they can learn from it, but at the end of the day W-P could curl the ball through a porthole from 40 yards - just got to accept sometimes a piece of skill goes against us.

There are very, very few keepers in the PL that we could upgrade to IMO, and they would all be way out of our price range anyway. We're lucky we've got him.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hopefully he'll end up at Barca or one of the Madrid teams (with our blessing). Spain's No.1

As long as its not Saudi FC.

Whilst TB took the beans for BDB I sincerely hope he won't sell them any more of our players. . .Although if he can totally rinse them for a spare player . . :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here