Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we stop

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
comparing Claridge with Sherringham

1 is an extremely successful footballer who scored many memoprable goals for England as well as man u etc etc...the other isn't

I am very depressed about this turn of events. What message does this send to Jakey/molange/harty/McPhee??

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Molango and McPhee are injured.

Jake is a young boy not yet ready. Claridge is someone to learn from.

It may send the message to Gary Hart that he shouldn't lash out at people in reserve team matches.

Steve Claridge is a proven goalscorer at this level.

Socrates.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Sheringham is a wanker.

Claridge is a wanker that now plays for the Albion.

In my eyes, that now makes one of them by far superior to the other.

Come on Stevie Claridge! :clap2:

Claridge was going to be offered another contract by McGhee at Millwall but wanted to get his management career going so went to Weymouth. He has never been pushed out of this level because his football wasn't good enough - that's a myth.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Claridge was going to be offered another contract by McGhee at Millwall but wanted to get his management career going so went to Weymouth. He has never been pushed out of this level because his football wasn't good enough - that's a myth.

LI, can you please stop writing things that I agree with, it is not good either of our images.

On a serious point, as long as he has kept himself fit, he will be fine at this level, like Sheringham he never had any pace to lose.

The one worry is he plays quite a physical game, which will lead to knocks and at 38 these will take longer to heal.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
oh really.

the one thing I really like about NSC is the amount of "experts" on here who know all the inside knowledge. t is mosty gratifying

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
oh really.

the one thing I really like about NSC is the amount of "experts" on here who know all the inside knowledge. t is mosty gratifying

so why are you doubting Claridge before he's been given a chance? :)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
dave the gaffer said:

1 is an extremely successful footballer who scored many memoprable goals for England as well as man u etc etc...the other isn't

I am very depressed about this turn of events. What message does this send to Jakey/molange/harty/McPhee??

Dave you obviously have it in for Claridge and is is clouding your judgement.

Are you seriously suggesting that we send out Robinson alongside Knight???

ALL our other options are injured.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
it was only the other day people were slating the club for not signing a proven goal scorer !
now we have and they are still being slated:angry:
o.k. clarridge is old but at least he knows where the goal is and in the cubs present climate, i think clarridge is a great short term soloution now get of his back MR GAFFER and give him a chance
rant over

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
LI, can you please stop writing things that I agree with, it is not good either of our images.

Fear not, I've just contributed to the Oatway/Chippy thread.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well if he's doing this tomorrow will we care if he's 58

web.millwall.jpg

Last edited:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Sheringham is a wanker.

Claridge is a wanker that now plays for the Albion.

In my eyes, that now makes one of them by far superior to the other.

Come on Stevie Claridge! :clap2:

Who is this cock ? !!!

Claridge will do a job for you....not every week but he will be a usefull asset to BHA.

But, Sherringham is a class above Clarridge. Infact he's a class above Zamora, Harewood etc etc.

Take your glasses off and watch some of the games Sherringham's involved in.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
jevs said:
Who is this cock ? !!!

Claridge will do a job for you....not every week but he will be a usefull asset to BHA.

But, Sherringham is a class above Clarridge. Infact he's a class above Zamora, Harewood etc etc.

Take your glasses off and watch some of the games Sherringham's involved in.

was my friend was,now your seeing half the player he was?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
dave the gaffer said:

Ah finally! Some common sense prevails, I thought I was going mad...
http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39033

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
As already mentioned the point is..the others are either not good enough or injured. Thats INJURED, NOT CAPABLE OF PLAYING. Therefore, what else are we meant to do?? Play Piercey up front??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Strike said:
Come on Dave set your grudge aside with Claridge and hope he plays well. Lets give him a chance. Better than nothing.

To bloody true.

Let's back him all the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here