Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can We Stop...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Personally I love a good bounced thread, and maybe this will be a lesson to a lot people who have posted nonsense on here over the last few months. Anyway it's only a bit of fun isn't it.

Think before you post!!!!!

Think before you post?

Spoils the fun doesn't it?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I have crystal balls :D

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I know I did this but only to swindon fans. Alot of us, and I mean alot (including me) thought we were as good as down a couple of weeks ago, now old threads have been dug up and they're just slating the person who was talking about league 2 foobtall next season.... The people who said we are staying up seem to be boasting and this is taking up a large segment of the board. Now I'll be the annoying C*NT who everyone hates instead, YAY for me but can we just stop this now and move on ? :bla:

We who still believed had to put up with alot of moaning and negativity during this season, and insults for questioning the general whinging on this board.

A couple of days / weeks of the optimists gloating for a change, for being proved right for not giving up makes a welcome change and as said before, maybe will make those who only see gloom and doom think twice, or at least not worry as much rather then the usual vicious circle of gloom that usually prevails on this site

lancingtroop

Jul 7, 2008
I don't think it is people who said we were probably going down that are being slated. The only people being slated are people like Portlock Seagull and Uncle Spielberg who got on their high horse and seemed to take pleasure in us going down so they could say I told you so. They deserve all they get. I think most fans thought we were down after MK Dons and Swindon but they didn't get all smug about it or start to blame the manager after 7 games in charge.

:clap: Uncle Spielberg for 1 is a complete c**t

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2928191 said:
I agree it's really annoying and bent. Be fair, we DID look doomed a few weeks back and none of us have a bleedin' cystal ball do we :shootself:

Exactly, and these people who just had blind faith in the club are just gloating all the time... FFS get over it. Unless you had a large amount of money on it, no-one really gives a shit :rolleyes:. This will happen whenever we are close to getting relegated. Some people are realistic and say that we are going down and some people are just stupid and say we're staying up. If the staying up people are proved right they gloat, but if the realistic people are proved right, they won't gloat as it'll be a sad day for the club. So the stupid people have a WIN WIN situation tbh :smokin: :glare:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Exactly, and these people who just had blind faith in the club are just gloating all the time... FFS get over it. Unless you had a large amount of money on it, no-one really gives a shit :rolleyes:. This will happen whenever we are close to getting relegated. Some people are realistic and say that we are going down and some people are just stupid and say we're staying up. If the staying up people are proved right they gloat, but if the realistic people are proved right, they won't gloat as it'll be a sad day for the club. So the stupid people have a WIN WIN situation tbh :smokin: :glare:

So you didn't see Portlock Seagull's thread then. Let me remind you:

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?t=147458

He was gloating weeks ago about being right. Also as it turned out the optimists were the realists. In reality most people thought we were going down (I must admit after Swindon I could not see us surviving) but while there was still a chance with games remaining I continued to back the team and hope whereas a lot of people on here just gave up, which is not the right attitude.

Ignoring Portlock's thread, do you honestly believe people would not be saying told you so if we were relegated now and Slade had not kept us up because I think they would be.

Last edited:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

No offence mate but what is all that about? Realistic:laugh: We really stayed up.
Why are you taking it so seriously? I think it's only a bit of a laugh. A gentle piss take if you like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here